Posted 14 days agoExpires in 28 days
The village of Skellingthorpe is in the agricultural county of Lincolnshire spreading over a large area of flat countryside three miles from Lincoln. It has a population of approximately 4000 made up of a core of old families who have lived there for several generations, and a large proportion of the ‘relative’ newcomers who started arriving when the village first began to develop in the 1960s. The population is expected to rise to 5000 within the next ten years as planning approval has been given for an additional few hundred dwellings.
Saint Lawrence’s is a small welcoming Evangelical church which is open to the leading and gifts of the Holy Spirit. There is a charismatic feel to the praise and worship with active participation by members of the congregation who come from a wide range of Christian backgrounds
- We are blessed in having a non-stipendiary curate who leads, preaches and takes the occasional offices in addition to being employed to carry out some of the administrative duties of the church.
- We are a group of enthusiastic church members with many gifts and a strong desire to serve God and extend his kingdom.
- We are open to exploring new ways of building up the church family;
- Flexible worship space.
- A warm and inviting church building that is used for a variety of activities in addition to Sunday services.
- We form a supportive network to assist each other through the various challenges of life.
- Always pay parish share in full.
- The church school greatly values and appreciates the spiritual presence of St Lawrence’s Church.
We are looking and praying for a spirit filled, gifted leader, able to motivate a congregation who:
- will see the potential of reaching out to a combined population of around 4000 people in two beautiful rural parishes with two schools including a thriving church school;
- listens to God and whose life and witness is rooted in prayer, thereby developing the spiritual life and outreach of the whole church;
- through the worship of the church, will move people to experience God’s love and will encourage the people to serve God and one another;
- will be able to connect the Bible to everyday life in a modern, imaginative and creative way - with an awareness of Fresh Expressions to re-connect with the community;
- will be ready to listen to, and encourage, those whom he or she meets, both inside and outside the church congregation;
- will want to grow and build an effective ministry team and encourage all to use their skills and talents in the service of God;
- is a good communicator who will be comfortable both in a traditional and evangelical church;
- will encourage and lead a positive link between the church, staff and the young people and parents at our school.
We will assist you with good lay support:
- Hard working Church Wardens in both parishes who help with the worship and provide excellent support managing the fabric of the buildings;
- Experienced leaders of home groups;
- Leadership of Church Prayer meetings;
- Facilitating a weekly coffee morning called ‘Coffee Cup’;
- Leading a weekly parent and toddler group called ‘Toy Box’.
The Benefice of the parishes of Skellingthorpe and Doddington is located on the edge of the City of Lincoln. This is a rapidly growing area which calls for a spirit filled, gifted leader who will:
- reach out to a population of 4,000 across the two parishes with two schools including a church school
- a pastor who is passionate to lead mission into the local communities
- be comfortable both in a traditional and evangelical church
- want to build an effective ministry team and encourage all to use their skills and talents in the service of God
- be able to connect the Bible to everyday life in a modern, imaginative and creative way
- have an awareness of Fresh Expressions to re-connect with the community
- encourage and lead a positive link between the church, staff and the young people and their parents at both schools in the Benefice
CPAS is an evangelical patron with involvement in the appointment to 531 benefices. www.cpas.org.uk
To view our microsite visit https://jobs.churchofengland.org/cpas/
If you have any queries contact the patronage team at CPAS Graham Archer email@example.com or Kathy Burch firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this post Midnight on 13 September 2018
Interviews and Visits 1 &2 October