Two new exciting roles have been created, working for the Diocese of Chelmsford to support our parishes to encourage giving and foster financial stewardship, through providing guidance, training and implementing National Giving Strategy including the adoption of digital giving and the Parish Giving Service.
We are seeking someone: -
If you are: -
Then we would like to hear from you.
Working with the Parish Finance Manager, the postholders will join a team who are responsible for Parish Share assessment calculations, monitoring Share payments, and our Parish Accounts Service, a bookkeeping service offered to parishes in our diocese. These posts will increase our ability to support parishes with resources and advice to equip them to develop giving practises within our 475 parishes across Essex and East London.
Working with the Parish Finance Manager, the postholders will assist in building up a help centre for parishes offering advice and training to treasurers in a number of areas including explaining how the church is financed, the Parish Giving Scheme, Custodian Trustee funds and contactless payment facilities.
• A sound working knowledge of the structure, governance and ethos of the Church of England, especially related to stewardship;
• The principles of fundraising and charitable giving;
• Church based accounting and bookkeeping (membership of a recognised finance professional body would be desirable).
Skills and Experience:
• Hands on experience of raising funds in the environment of a charitable organisation;
• Hands on experience of charity and/or church accounts (experience as a church treasurer is desirable);
• Experience of arranging and delivering training is desirable
• Able to explain financial concepts to a non-financial audience
• Able to work across the spectrum of Christian traditions within the Anglican church
• Able to form effective working relationships with a range of people
• Able to relate to and influence stakeholders in parish churches and in the wider community
• Well-organised, self-motivated person
• Patient and approachable
• You must be able to travel within the diocese (and occasionally more widely), so the post holder will need access to a car and a valid, full driving licence.
• The post will require occasional evening and weekend working, for which time off in lieu will be given.
For more information about the role please click here, to apply please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12th October 2022
Interviews will take place on 3rd or 4th November 2022