This post arises as part of the process of formation of a new Team Ministry across the Flegg area of the Great Yarmouth Deanery. This is an area of great beauty covering much of the Norfolk Broads where the churches have some tradition of working together in the past, and are developing a growing willingness and enthusiasm for supporting each other. The profile sets out the expectations for this post and gives background on those currently working within the Team.
The Flegg area represents the most rural element of the Deanery, which also features the towns of Great Yarmouth, Caister and Gorleston, and is not far from the historic Cathedral city of Norwich. This post will suit someone who is keen to work with colleagues and values the opportunities offered by working collaboratively, both with clergy colleagues and laity. I would suggest that anyone considering applying may wish to have a preliminary conversation with The Revd Steven Sivyer who will become the Team Rector when it comes into being. Steven can be contacted on 01493 740823 or via email@example.com .
We seek our new Team Vicar to be someone who:
• centres their life on Christ and is a person of prayer
• is a team player and wants to be a part of a team, not only of clergy in this team of churches, but also with all parts of Christ’s body.
• is an approachable person with humour, energy, compassion, vision, and commitment to help us carry our churches forward
• is well organised and an excellent communicator
• is fed spiritually by working with a church school, families, and children.
• loves people of all ages and will encourage and pastorally support them
• enjoys spending time with people in the communities
• will bring the word of God alive in preaching and teaching
• will get involved in the life and events of the local communities
• desires to grow a team of lay leaders and local focal ministers
• longs for people to grow in their discipleship of Jesus and will explore ways to engage people in the church in order for them to have the opportunity to get to know Him
The Flegg Parish Churches Team Ministry is going to be a newly formed Team Ministry within the deanery of Great Yarmouth. The Team Ministry will be formed by the coming together of four benefices in the historic Flegg area of Norfolk bridging the coast and the broads - Flegg Group (Martham), Flegg Group (Ormesby), Flegg Group (Coastal), and South Trinity Broads.
Enquiries, Applications and Interviews
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th September, with interviews to be held on Thursday 20th October.
Any priest wanting an informal discussion before deciding whether to apply is welcome to be in touch by telephone or e-mail with me or with The Archdeacon of Norfolk, the Venerable Steven Betts (01603 559199, firstname.lastname@example.org )