The Diocese of Lincoln is looking to recruit a Communications Assistant to serve in the diocesan Communications Office. Serving alongside the Communications Officer, this full-time post offers an exciting opportunity to serve the diocese, its parishes and people in producing engaging material for a large audience using print and online media. As the diocese moves forward with its strategy of establishing Learning Communities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn, develop and share within the role, utilising current and emerging communications tools to prepare and deliver diocesan communications and help our large number of parishes to share their local stories.
Please click the link to find out more about us http://www.lincoln.anglican.org/
Interview date: Monday, 10th September 2018. Interviews will be held at Edward King House.
What we offer
The diocesan offices of Edward King House are situated by the medieval Bishop’s Palace in the historic Cathedral Quarter of Lincoln. Edward King House was formerly the home of Bishop Edward King, Bishop of Lincoln between 1885 and 1910. A beautiful Grade II-listed building, a feature of Edward King House is St Hugh’s Chapel, which provides the setting for regular services.
The diocesan offices are overlooked by the magnificent Lincoln Cathedral and they are close to Lincoln Castle, home of the 1215 Magna Carta and the 1217 Charter of the Forest, plus many shops, eateries and further places of local history and interest.
Other benefits include:
The ideal candidate for this role must be able to demonstrate the following:
The Diocese of Lincoln is the Church of England in Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire.
The diocese covers 2,673 square miles and has a population of 943,000. There are around 31,000 people on the Church Electoral Rolls. There are more than 220 clergy and lay workers serving 240 benefices with 514 parishes and 630 church buildings.
The diocesan central office is at Edward King House in Lincoln. There is a staff team at Edward King House that works to support the life and ministry of the diocese.