We are seeking a priest to join the newly formed Elstow Team Ministry, a group of five churches to the south of Bedford. We hope to welcome someone who will have the vision to further develop our mission and ministry, and help us to use to the gifts of our people and buildings to enable new growth.
The role for the new Team Vicar will be largely dependent on the appointed individual. We need someone to take a lead in established and new communities. We have created a pattern of worship which we believe can be covered by two priests along with the 3 licensed lay ministers in the benefice.
Each church recognises the need to both strengthen and grow their congregations, but equally they need to be challenged in how best to achieve this.
Are you someone who has
In return we offer
• Our diversity in styles of worship, music and spirituality.
• Our mission and outreach to the community around us.
• Our strong sense of family and fellowship.
• Working in equal and mutually supportive partnership.
We face challenges with
• A rapidly expanding population around Bedford bringing even greater socio-economic diversity away from existing worship centres.
• Growing and developing our patterns of worship to fit the needs of the 24/7 society we now live in.
• Ensuring we have a sustainable foundation of good stewardship for our people and finances so we can create a real Mission Action Plan (MAP).
For further information, and to apply, please contact the Archdeacon of Bedford firstname.lastname@example.org or 01727 818 167