Children’s Leader (Transforming Mission & New Street Church)
Transforming Mission (TM) is a vision for renewal of mission within the Diocese of Truro.
New Street Church is a growing and emerging church in Falmouth as part of TM.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader with a heart for mission and ministry amongst children and families, a passion for growing the church and the ability to share this vision and draw people to it.
We are looking for a leader with:
· Ability and passion to develop an engaging and effective children’s ministry for the church
· Skills to oversee and further develop our popular Stay & Play toddler group
· Confidence in developing opportunities for mission to children and families
We are able to offer:
· The opportunity to play key role in a growing church as part of a deanery looking to impacts Falmouth and the wider area.
· The opportunity to work with a gifted and enthusiastic team.
· The chance to work and live within a unique, vibrant and beautiful town.
Remuneration and Support:
Salary: £25,250 pro rate (depending on experience)
Hours: 14 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term contract until 30th of June 2025 (however our hope is the role will become permanent)
At the Diocese of Truro we really value work-life balance and employee wellbeing and are committed to supporting your development. We offer additional benefits such as flexible working, a range of wellbeing activities and the Church of England Pension Scheme with 9-15% employer contributions. More information on this is here.
We are open to suitable applicants applying for both the Children’s Leader and the Youth Leader roles to create a combined 0.8 Children’s and Young People’s Leader post.
We welcome applications from clergy and lay. Due to the nature of the role applicants are required to be a practicing Christian. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Lead Minister Rev Sophie Chatten via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: by 12:00 on 18/07/2022
Interviews to be held on: 27/07/2022