Are you passionate about Jesus and community? Are you working towards becoming a church leader? Would you like to gain an insight into different areas of church leadership as well as build your skills, abilities and knowledge in a dual church setting?
If this is you then please read on….
The internship aims to invest in potential church leaders over the course of a year to:
• grow their knowledge and skills in a particular area of church leadership
• develop their character and self-awareness
• add capacity and energy to Transform Team
Personal Development (25%)
• Across 4 main areas: spiritual development, theological input, skills development, personal study
Area of particular interest (30%)
• Grow in leadership in one of these areas: youth work, kids work, community engagement, social media / comms
Youth / kids work (33%)
• Spend time supporting and developing the kids and youth programme. This will involve either significantly developing a current activity or beginning a new programme.
Intern team time (12%)
• Meet weekly with other interns and the curate for support, further training and line management.
• Transform Widnes Vicar
• Transform Widnes Curate
• Youth Team
• Relevant team for particular area of interest
• Be a fully committed member of Transform Widnes• Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required of the role holder
• already showing leadership potential / already stepping up
• willingness to learn
• space to fit an internship in their life
• commitment to Transform Widnes
Who and what we are called to as Transform Widnes?
Our mission statement is:
LEADING PEOPLE INTO THE TRANSFORMING LOVE OF JESUS
…because we long for every part of this church family to know you are loved without condition, being transformed by the ongoing power of Jesus’ affection for us, so we can bring his love into our families, friendships, workplaces and neighbourhoods.