Posted 1 month agoExpires in 2 days
Diocesan House, 109 Dereham Road, Easton, Norwich
To help to grow a culture of generosity and to increase the financial resources available for mission in Parishes and at Diocesan level, providing guidance, support and training to parishes and clergy to encourage giving. The nature and context of the post means that it is an Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a practising Christian.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in the Giving team to help deliver a strategy to encourage and grow a culture of generosity in the parishes and deaneries in the Diocese of Norwich.
- To deliver the implementation of the national Parish Giving Scheme. To provide advice and support for parishes considering or actively engaging with the Parish Giving Scheme and to maximise the use of, and benefit of this membership at parish level, including development of the community wide PGS model.
- Meet agreed targets for the rollout of the Parish Giving Scheme.
- Encouraging and nurturing Christian giving in the context of discipleship by enthusing people and parishes in the theology and practice of giving.
- Helping Parishes to understand the link between Giving and Mission and Ministry and helping them to think through what that would look like for each individual Parish.
- Teaching, preaching and speaking on Christian attitude to money, giving and generosity in Parishes and Deaneries; both in worship and other gatherings.
- Promotion and Advice on Planned Giving - To encourage the promotion of planned giving and the maximisation of Gift Aid within the parishes of the diocese through the provision of resources, initiatives and appropriate training for treasurers and planned giving officers.
- Deliver a strategy for promoting, encouraging and growing legacy giving.
- Promoting and providing advice and support on the various contactless and online giving systems.
- To support and help resource those running Stewardship Campaigns in parishes and/or deaneries, monitoring their effectiveness and offering on-going support.
- To facilitate and/or deliver training events for treasurers and others, on all aspects of stewardship.
- To work with the Ministry team colleagues to identify opportunities to include generosity in clergy, reader and lay ministry training.
- Having a passion for helping people grow in their personal discipleship and understanding giving as a part of that discipleship journey
- An understanding of the theology which underpins Christian principles of giving and generosity
- Confident in public speaking and/or preaching
- Creative in his/her work; able to exercise initiative and self-motivating
- Skilled in motivating people and a collaborative and enthusiastic team player
- Experience of working within a voluntary organisation
- Ability to deliver high quality training
- Ability to relate to and value all kinds of people and traditions within the Church of England and to be able to relate confidently and appropriately to people in a wide range of roles, including congregation members, PCC treasurers, clergy, fellow diocesan officers and senior diocesan staff
- A good understanding and experience of engaging with ministry, mission and financial issues at a parish level
- Understanding of Church of England/Diocesan structures, processes, and purposes
- Some experience of preaching and teaching on stewardship and giving
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- IT literate, including experience of using Word, PowerPoint, Excel and creative media software such as Publisher
- Willingness to work on own initiative and be accountable with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend work
- Has a full valid driving license and/or other methods of transport
21 hours per week (including some Sundays and evening work)