The Diocese of Leicester comprises over 320 churches, 234 parishes and almost 100 schools and academy trusts. The Bishop of Leicester, Bishop Martyn Snow, is the Ordinary of the Church of England Diocese of Leicester in the Province of Canterbury.
As Executive Assistant to the Bishop of Leicester, you will maximise the ability of the Bishop of Leicester to function effectively in his role by ensuring excellent office support, and you will be effectively supporting the work of the Diocese as a whole.
You will have excellent administrative, office management and diary management skills, with the capacity to understand and operate formal and legal processes whilst being proactive and anticipate issues, ensuring positive outcomes without executive authority.
You will also be an excellent communicator, able to handle difficult conversations and be highly collaborative in order to build highly effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals and organisations.
This role is a full-time position, and a one year-maternity cover.
You will be working at Bishops Lodge, 12 Springfield Road, Leicester. Occasionally working from home is also a possibility, this will need to be agreed with Bishop Martyn.
To arrange an informal discussion about the role, please contact James Pickersgill, Bishops Chaplain firstname.lastname@example.org
The post of Executive Assistant requires a person able to offer a range of skills appropriate to a wide-ranging and varied role. The following are the key requirements:
- Relevant work experience (e.g. in a PA, admin, or office management role)
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal; good and accurate written English with the ability to draft clear and accurate documents/reports for various audiences
- Excellent administration, office management and diary management skills
- Excellent IT skills, including word-processing, spread-sheets, databases and familiarity with social media
- Capacity to relate appropriately to a wide range of people, in person, by telephone or e-mail
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with the Bishop and other colleagues
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in administrative processes, to show initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to focus under pressure and meet deadlines while working with meticulous attention to detail
- Sound judgement to determine what should be referred to the Bishop or Bishop’s Chaplain for approval, agreement or information and what can be dealt with independently
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Aptitude for developing and reviewing office systems in response to availability of new technology
- Ability to understand and operate accurately formal and legal procedures
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles and practice of confidentiality
- Willingness to be involved in continuing personal and professional development
- Experience of taking responsibility for running an office and able to be the sole administrative support
- Ability to arrange own transport when necessary
- Ability to see how this role fits into the bigger picture of the work of the Diocese
- Sympathy with the values and purposes of the Church of England and with the values and priorities of the Bishop and Diocese of Leicester and a desire to see the work flourish
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent or relevant professional skill and/or qualification; GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or experience
- Knowledge of safeguarding / DBS and Data Protection principles
- Ability to understand financial reports
Please find more information about the Diocese of Leicester here: https://www.leicester.anglican.org/ and about Leicester Cathedral here: https://leicestercathedral.org/