We wish to appoint an Associate Vicar to help further our Vision to be “in the community, for the community, to the Glory of God”. The role includes sharing in all aspects of the ministry & vision of the Church, leadership of our three Sunday services, and team management.
You will be fully involved in the life of Christ Church and of the staff team, and in taking forward our vision, through:
- Leading and preaching on 3 Sunday services with the Clergy and Service Leaders on a rota basis.
- Sharing leadership of monthly services at local nursing homes as well as occasional services such as Baptism, Weddings and Funerals.
- Provide supervision and line-management for Pastoral staff include termly review and goal setting, based on their job specs, previous appraisals, and the Church’s Vision
- Deputizing for the Vicar in his absence
- Chair the Pastoral Care Team and share in the pastoral care of the Church family. This will include the regular visiting of church members and parishioners especially those new to the parish, sick or in hospital.
- Share oversight of the Connect Groups and outreach courses. Dividing responsibility for teaching and training ministry possibly including:
- Coordinating the Home Groups, leadership training and selection of study material
- Coordinating training courses
- Recruiting and training volunteer teams to be involved in Sunday services
- Overseeing occasional courses such as Alpha, Christianity Explored, Discipleship Explored etc. Training leaders and being involved in the programme of evangelism and discipleship through these courses.
- Share leadership of door to door and other evangelistic initiatives to ensure that our purpose is fulfilled - “to know Jesus and make Jesus known”
- Doing all to assist with the furthering of the Vision and Purpose we believe God has give us for Christ Church, see www.cc-vw.org
Whilst it is acknowledged the successful candidate will be ordained and licensed by the Bishop of Guildford, there are specific attributes and experiences considered essential for this role:
- An evident vibrant faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- A proven track record in parish ministry with evidence of increasing responsibility
- A servant heart
- The ability to work within a ministry team
- Good relational and bridge-building skills
- Flexible and enthusiastic
This is an initial 3 year term, full-time position with 42 days annual holiday, inclusive of 6 Sundays, plus the statutory 8 Bank Holidays. This entitlement includes time off in lieu of working during Christmas and Holy Week. Holiday dates are to be agreed with the Vicar to ensure continuity of ministry.
All members of staff are required to read and agree to the terms set out in the Staff Handbook.
Accommodationis provided rent free by the Parochial Church Council, in a property owned by the Diocese of Guildford. Following occupation, it is the responsibility of the Associate Vicar to maintain the garden and keep the interior of the property in good order and to bear the costs of so doing. Any issues pertaining to the maintenance or repair of the exterior of the property should be brought to the attention of the Diocese.
Christ Church is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those who are vulnerable. We expect all of our staff and volunteers to share this commitment.