Posted 16 days agoExpires in 1 day
St Paul's Churchyard
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced administrator to join the HR department in one of the most iconic buildings in the world, St Paul’s Cathedral.
We are seeking to appoint an HR and Payroll Administrator. This is a key role in our HR team, providing essential first point of contact support to our staff and back-office administration for the HR department itself.
The successful candidate will be responsible for administration relating to recruitment, payroll and training, and also provide support in preparing correspondence in other areas such as employee relations casework, pay awards and benefits.
As such, this is a great opportunity for candidates to gain experience across the wide remit of HR and the role could serve as a strong starting point for a career within HR for those with the desire to progress.
This key role is responsible for the accurate and efficient administration of HR, training and payroll records, delivering an excellent experience for the Cathedral staff.
- Assist in the preparation and checking of payroll data.
- Act as the first point of contact for HR, payroll and training related queries, in person and via email inboxes.
- Recruitment administration.
- Administration for starters, changes to terms and conditions and leavers, in addition to childcare vouchers and long service awards.
- Support the Head of HR and the Senior HR Advisors in preparing and filing correspondence for employee relations casework, pay awards, benefits, etc.
- A 6-monthly audit of employee personal details, including Expression of Wish.
- Managing paperwork – both electronic and paper-based - chasing outstanding items where needed, filing and archiving employee administration in line with our data protection and retention policy.
- Support with the co-ordination of induction and training programmes for staff.
- Organise room bookings using the online booking system, room and equipment layouts, training course materials and refreshments.
- Timely and accurate data entry into the HR Information System.
- Report on the data dashboard targets for both HR (i.e. time / cost to hire, absenteeism, turnover) and training.
- Document processes and procedures
- Payroll experience;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and confident in the use of Word, Powerpoint and Outlook;
- Accurate data entry skills;
- Good inter-personal skills, a welcoming and confident approach;
- Experience of arranging logistics and co-ordinating people;
- Ability to liaise with confidence across a range of people, internally and externally;
- Good initiative and problem-solving skills;
- Good judgement and the ability to keep sensitive information absolutely confidential;
- Flexible and able to work with limited resources and adapt to changing circumstances;
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent);
- Good team player.
- Experience in an HR or training administration role is highly desirable.
- Experience of using an HR Information & Payroll System, ideally Civica, is highly desirable.
- Experience of using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), ideally Tribepad.
- Experience of using an online booking system, ideally Artifax.
St Paul’s is an equal opportunities employer and holds together a very diverse set of activities and aspirations.
It is the Cathedral of the Diocese of London and the seat of its Bishop, a national church and an international spiritual focus, a space for worship and holiness, a place of learning, debate and challenge, an icon of resilience in the face of adversity, an architectural heritage centre, a partner in the City of London, and a commercial enterprise. In addition to offering acts of worship throughout the day, St Paul’s is open for prayer and sight-seeing seven days a week.