Working under the Head of Operations and with the Ministry Team, you will support the effective administration and organisation of both the ongoing life of the church and the new project, utilising strong organisational expertise and an eye for detail, good interpersonal and communicational skills, and an ability to work with and administer a range of IT systems.
There is no Occupational Requirement that the role holder be a Christian, however, the appointee must be comfortable working within a Christian environment and be sympathetic to the vision and ethos of SPSJ and the Diocese of Hereford within the wider context of the Church of England.
To arrange an informal discussion, please contact Tom Milton, Head of Operations for SPSJ via email – email@example.com.
To apply please visit https://www.spsj.org.uk/jobs
- A completer finisher with an eye for detail.
- Able to handle, with competence, a demanding and varied workload, prioritising effectively and ensuring achievement of targets within a fast paced and changing environment with tight deadlines.
- Able to establish strong working relationships with colleagues, partners, hirers and volunteers at all levels.
- Complete confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Comfortable working in a Christian environment and within the ethos and vision of SPSJ, the Hereford Diocese and the Church of England.
- Willingness to work within the policies and procedures of SPSJ and the Diocese of Hereford.
- Willingness to work within the authority structures of the Church of England.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent self-management and time management.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to confront and manage conflict in an appropriate manner.
- Written and verbal communication, reporting and presentation.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven experience of working in an administrational environment.
- Proven experience of working in a public facing role.
- Proven experience of dealing with the background administration of events or activities.
- Proven experience of working with a range of IT software including database management.
- Proven experience of having quickly picked up and mastered new IT software packages.
- Good understanding of what is required in the organisation of the life of a church or similar charitable organisation.
- Knowledge of GDPR law and willingness to work within the Data Protection policy of SPSJ.
This role is part of an exciting Diocesan-backed project seeking significant growth within younger generations in the city of Hereford, as well as supporting the ongoing life of the church community. The post holder will report to the Head of Operations of St Peter’s and St James and will be expected to attend regular SPSJ team meetings as appropriate.