The parishes of Edwinstowe, Clipstone and Perlethorpe are looking for a visionary leader who will grow these three welcoming churches numerically and spiritually and foster a pattern of shared leadership.
As a diocese we are seeking to invest in a full-time post for The Churches of Sherwood Forest with the expectation that the priorities, set within the framework of the diocesan vision to grow disciples wider, younger and deeper, will be met. Among the priorities for the role will be to establish new worshiping communities with diverse and creative styles, to reach those not yet engaging with the church.
Closing date 26 January 2022 / interviews 9 February 2022
The Churches of Sherwood Forest are made up of three parishes serving different contexts – large village, post-mining and an estate church. All have good links with their communities and one (St. Mary’s, Edwinstowe) has a Church of England primary school.
We are looking for someone who will be humble and hopeful in their leadership and who will work with a team of volunteers to take these parishes into the next season of growth and engagement with their communities. To that end, we look to minister with the values of grace (local ministry team equipped and inspired), growth (clear numerical growth) and generosity (financial sustainability, meeting full ministry costs within five years).
Visit our website https://churchesofsherwood.org/
The parishes, deanery and diocese are looking to appoint a person who has:
● A personal devotion to the Lord reflected and rooted in prayer
● A vision for, commitment to, and experience of, evangelism and church growth across all ages,
● An aptitude, experience and gifts in exercising strategic leadership, especially towards vision and implementing plans for growth
● An appreciation of the eucharistic tradition nourishing mission in, and service to, the parish
● Excellent relational gifts, emotional intelligence, tenacity and resilience,
● The ability to discern, develop and deploy the gifts of others in mission and ministry
● The capacity for working collaboratively to build and sustain life-giving teams,
● The ability to lead, enjoy and instigate a variety of worship and musical styles, including contemporary expressions.
● A commitment to, and expertise for, engaging biblical teaching and whole-life discipleship
● The ability to relate to, and inspire, children, young people and young families
● The capacity to see new missional opportunities and implement them
The post holder will be:
● A visionary leader able to motivate and foster a pattern of shared leadership
● Humble and hopeful - open to learn and grow in faith and ministry
● Willing to coach and mentor
● Friendly, approachable with a sense of humour and full of love for God and people
● Welcoming to all people wherever they are in life, and whatever their needs and means
Please see the attached Parish Statement.
Church House Guildford, 20 Alan Turing Road, Guildford, Surrey
St Swithun's, Chapelgate, Retford
Liverpool Cathedral, St James’ Mount, Liverpool