The Diocese of Lincoln is looking to recruit a highly effective Director of Communications to take responsibility for the strategic direction and delivery of our communications at a crucial time in our journey as a diocese. You will work in supporting and briefing the bishops of the diocese in their internal and public facing roles. As a senior member of our team, you will be a key player in delivering our integrated change plan Time to Change Together through a range up to date channels, supporting our commitment to mission, growth, service, collaboration and sustainability across the parishes of Greater Lincolnshire.
Closing Date: January 28, 2022
To take responsibility for the strategic direction and day-to-day delivery of the entire spectrum of diocesan communications
• Lead, develop and deliver a successful Communications function that meets the needs of a changing, complex organisation to plan and within budget. This includes media and public relations, internal communications, brand management, marketing, advertising, digital and social media and production of materials.
• Promote and encourage good communications practice within parishes and to develop model resources and policies for use by parishes, chaplaincies and projects.
• Develop key messages, lead on creating and maintaining appropriate and consistent language and terminology across all media, acting as a custodian of the brand ensuring consistency across all internal and external communications
• Keep up to date on best practice within the charity sector generally and particularly changes to communications and information management innovation, legislation and codes of practice
• Undertake and lead on project or major work streams for the Diocese as required, including deputising for colleagues.
Other benefits include:
Annual leave of 25 days per annum, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Up to 4 non-contractual days of holiday gifted between Christmas and New Year (when the offices are closed)
A half-day holiday on Maundy Thursday
Competitive pension scheme with Royal London
Life insurance of three times annual salary
Occupational sick pay (staged) after 6 months
Weekly Eucharist held in St Hugh’s Chapel, which is optional for all staff
Supported continuing professional development linked with job role and professional development
Employee Assistance Program (external provider) with mental health and counselling services.
Weekly social gathering for staff (‘Cofftea’)
The Diocese of Lincoln is the Church of England in Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire.
The diocese covers 2,673 square miles and has a population of 943,000. There are around 31,000 people on the Church Electoral Rolls. There are more than 220 clergy and lay workers serving 240 benefices with 514 parishes and 630 church buildings.
The diocesan central office is at Edward King House in Lincoln. There is a staff team at Edward King House that works to support the life and ministry of the diocese.