St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square
- To take our strategic priorities and plan systems and organization which ensures that the logistical running of the congregational life reflects these priorities
- To work within our dynamic team to help us to develop our post Covid strategy for congregational life
- To work with the PCC Treasurer, clergy and PCC to deliver a renewed vision for congregational giving.
- To be the voice of practical logistics in key strategic discussions for the future of the congregational life of the church.
- Help develop and deliver a strategy for lay vocation/volunteering within the congregation
- Help develop and deliver a strategy for the understanding and integration of online congregation
- To turn bold and innovative ideas for what the Church of the Future could be into a reality in the lives of our congregation and wider community
Management of the church office
- Ensure the smooth running of the Church Office including allocation of materials and resources
- Ensure the clergy have administrative support as needed, working with HR and the PCC Treasurer to hire temporary and permanent staff as needed.
- Work with the estates and IT teams to ensure the provision and maintenance of IT and office equipment for CHOPS staff and clergy.
- Work with the HR team to ensure the training and induction of new Clergy/CHOPS staff
- Work with the finance team to keep on top of the budgets for CHOPS and to sign off expenses forms.
- Work with the PCC Treasurer and finance team to keep the Vicar and AVMin abreast of the day to day finances.
- Attend meetings about the spending of funds within the church.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Good knowledge and appreciation of church services and activities, and the religious aims of St Martin-in-the-Fields
- Sound experience of strategic planning, organisation and office management
- Ability to respond calmly yet confidently to last-minute challenges and problems
- A problem solver with resilience, flexibility, creativity
- A person who takes responsibility to ensure that tasks are completed
- Eye for detail and commitment to uphold the reputation of St Martin-in-the-Fields
- Team player with an interest in people, who enjoys working with others within a large and varied organisation
- Ability to represent the interests of Church Operations assertively and with grace in cross site discussions
- Ability to build good relationships and to maintain them while being persistent to ensure that jobs get done.
- Uses good processes to plan, progress and achieve conclusions.
- A willingness to think outside of the box.
- A high level of self motivation and ability to motivate others
- A person of integrity who can keep the confidence of others
- Enthusiastic support for the aims and theology of St Martin-in-the-Fields including our commitment to environmental sustainability and equality and diversity.
- Familiarity with the theological writings of Sam Wells
- Management experience