Posted 12 days agoExpires in 1 month
ALL SAINTS ECCLESALL, RINGINGLOW RD, SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
An exciting opportunity is available at All Saints Church, Ecclesall, to use your God given gifts in innovative ways to build up the church family & serve the local community introducing them to Jesus. You will join a team consisting of ordained clergy and lay leaders supported by an operations / finance team and enhanced by an enthusiastic and gifted church family. Together we are keen to move forward in new ways after the experience of recent times and this post will be a wonderful opportunity for that person God is calling to join us at this time.
- To build and actively support teams to lead and inspire musical worship in creative and spirit-dis-cerning ways across a broad range of worship styles - choral, contemporary and contemplative.
- To take responsibility for the oversight of a variety of existing small groups by equipping and sup- porting the leaders, so that all members are encouraged to become more like Jesus and develop in their prayer life.
- To promote new small groups across the church family as necessary and encourage participation in them - The Prayer Course, discipleship groups, life issues discussion groups.
- To develop ways to promote confidence in order to bring the whole church family “back together” in a variety of creative ways following the necessary disruption caused by the pandemic.
- To take an active role in creating opportunities to engage in the local community and welcome all into the life of the church.
- Ordained priest in the Church of England with post-ordination experience - at least some of which should be in a parish church setting.
- A graduate in Theology or Biblical Studies or equivalent.
- A post graduate qualification in Theology, Biblical Studies, Counselling or another relevant subject.
- Someone comfortable within the charismatic tradition and broadly open evangelical.
- Someone who is orthodox on matters of life and faith but able to relate to others holding different positions in a gracious way, both those within the church family and outside
- Someone well versed with the content contained within Living in Love & Faith and with experience in engaging the subject areas in dialogue amongst the church family and set within the wider landscape of the Church of England.
- A person of spiritual maturity and resilience, with a desire to be led by the Holy Spirit and proven skills in leading a variety of styles of church worship services and other occasional services sensitively and effectively.
- Experienced in preaching and teaching high quality sermons within a variety of church service styles, faithfully based on the authority of the Bible, its normative role in Christian theology and its relevance to a wide range of contemporary issues and human conditions.
- Experience of shared leadership and working flexibly within teams, both paid staff and volunteers, to encourage personal development and shared responsibility.
- Experience of using a wide range of modern electronic means of communication including Zoom and the technology to live-stream services.
For an informal chat please contact: Revd Canon Mark Brown Oversight Minister / Priest in Charge All Saints & Area Dean Ecclesall 0114 236 0084, 0114 268 7574 - Church Office