Posted 14 days agoExpires in 4 days
The Benefice of Sindon, Eartham and Madehurst is situated in the beautiful South Downs National Park amidst farmland, woods and downland, roughly halfway between Chichester and Arundel.
The Patrons and the Bishop of Chichester seek to appoint a House for Duty Incumbent for this Benefice who will offer a pastoral and liturgical ministry across the two parishes of this Benefice and within the Church of England primary school.
- A vibrant and welcoming community embracing both worshippers and the wider community and, in normal times, a broad range of activities that belies the relatively small population (around 800 in total).
- A benefice that describes itself as “middle of the road” with those who value the traditional forms of Anglican worship, alongside families with young children who enjoy a more informal and relaxed approach.
- Two parishes, with three historic churches, two Grade 1 and one Grade 2 Listed, at the centres of their villages. Despite their relative proximity, they are quite different in character.
- A Rectory which is at the heart of the historic part of Slindon.
- A local Church of England Primary school (Slindon) and two independent schools.
- A children’s church (with a lay leader) in the Benefice.
- A collaborative Deanery within the Diocese of Chichester, where our vision is ‘to know, love and follow Jesus.’
We are praying for a priest who will:
- Build up our mission to children and families, especially in partnership with our church school
- Strengthen our links with our communities and especially with new arrivals
- Develop our pattern of worship beyond existing traditional Sunday Services
- Deepen our discipleship
The closing date is 1 November, 2021
Interviews will be held on 19 November, 2021
For an informal conversation please contact the Ven Luke Irvine-Capel, Archdeacon of Chichester on 01273 425799