Posted 16 days agoExpires in 7 days
Marston Morteyne with Lidlington, Bedfordshire
The Benefice of Marston Morteyne and Lidlington is part of the Diocese of St Albans and it is an enormously valued and valuable member of the Diocesan family. The Bishop of St Albans and Bishop of Bedford are excited by the expectation that its mission and ministry will be developed, strengthened and renewed under the guidance of its new Vicar.
Whilst there will be the need to strengthen the recovery from the pandemic, this is a parish that has grown and developed in so many ways in recent years. There is much to build on and an aspiration to flourish as a church. Key to this will be the opportunity to respond to the substantial house building within the parish and to potentially extend the ministry offering once the finance is in place. Working with the Church School on its two sites will also be an important focus of ministry.
This is a benefice which has affirmed and has been blessed by the contribution of ordained women in public ministry, and the Diocese looks for this approach to continue.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will lead us into the future by being proactive in reaching out to the community and raising the church’s profile.
- Can build on the foundations we have and continue and expand the work we do to encourage and welcome people into our church.
- Will become very much a part of the life of our villages and be a visible and approachable presence in the benefice.
- Will nurture us in our faith, growth and development through strong spiritual leadership and teaching.
- Will maintain our good relationship with local schools by doing assemblies, school visits and services for the children in church, and help to build a stronger relationship between benefice churches.
- In our post Covid world will engage with the wider community through our social activities.
- Is well organised with good communication skills, energy, drive and vision.
- Has a good sense of humour and can laugh at themselves.
- Will care about the preservation of our Grade 1 listed church and tower.
- Is a good listener and teacher.
We offer our new Priest:
- Friendship, fellowship, love and care and a lot of laughter.
- You will lead growing church communities and we offer our support and commitment to work with you to take us forward in the love of God.
- We hope you share our desire to reach out to our growing community and bring more people into the church family.
- This is a part time (0.5) post, and we would want to help our priest to maintain boundaries to ensure that they are supported in this.
- We have established a dedicated PCC with successful teams working well together who are ready to face the future and whatever that brings with you.
- A 5 bedroom vicarage in the village of Lidlington built in the 1950s in a lovely setting. There is a single garage, off-road parking for several vehicles, a kitchen refitted in 2016, separate office/study and downstairs toilet. There have been preliminary discussions about possibly relocating the vicarage to Marston Morteyne but no agreement has been reached.
To Apply, or for further information, please contact the Archdeacon of Bedford's office email@example.com or 01727 818 167. Please note that applications can only be made on a Church if England application form, and not via the Pathways platform.