The Diocese of Chichester is one of the 42 dioceses which make up the Church of England: we are the Church of England in East & West Sussex. The Diocesan Office at Church House, Hove, serves the people of the Diocese: those in more than 360 parishes and more than 150 church schools and the wider community as a whole. Our vision is to help people within the Diocese to know, love and follow Jesus.
We wish to appoint a Property Coordinator to be the first point of contact for the reporting of repairs to our diocesan property portfolio, to maintain our property management database and to provide executive level support to the Property Director.
The successful candidate will join a small team based at Church House, Hove. This is a busy and varied role, and no two days are the same. Your key duties will include:
· Acting as the first point of contact for all clergy reporting repairs and ensuring repairs are dealt with efficiently and effectively
· Maintaining the property management database
· Maintaining the approved building contract list
· Maintaining lists of clergy moves and empty properties
· Arranging and maintaining records of security inspections at closed churches
· Offering confidential executive level support to the Property Director
The successful candidate will need a wide range of skills including:
· Excellent verbal and communication skills, with the ability to bridge the linguistic gap between technical providers and non-technical users
· High levels of numeracy and literacy
· Good customer care skills
· Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and self-organise
· Practical experience of Office 365 applications and database administration
The post holder is required to support the ethos, aims and objectives of the Diocese and the Church of England.
The role is based in Hove, and we offer additional benefits such as free parking, a range of staff development activities and the Diocesan Pension Scheme with 15.1% employer contribution.
Applications must be received by 5pm on 20th October 2021. Interviews will be held on 2nd November 2021.