Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham
Administrative Officer (FT: £17,930-£19,580 per annum)
We have an ambitious commitment to Growing Disciples Wider, Younger, Deeper
The Administrative Officer will provide a high standard of administrative support and a reception service to users and visitors of Jubilee House. The successful candidate would be the point of contact for ICT and Health & Safety queries within the Diocesan office, liaising with the external service providers accordingly. They would also provide comprehensive administrative support for the Executive PA in managing the diaries and activities of the Senior Staff Team.
This is an opportunity for a suitably experienced administrator to use their skills to support the delivery of the Diocesan vision of Growing Disciples, Wider, Younger and Deeper with efficient administration and customer service.
Closing date: 12 September 2021
Interviews: 23 September 2021
For an informal conversation please contact Mrs Jo Padmore, Executive PA: email@example.com
Main Purpose of Role:
To provide Reception and Administrative services for users and visitors to Jubilee House
To be first point of contact for ICT (Information, Communication and Technology) queries and liaising with external ICT provider
To be first point of contact for all H&S issues, and liaising with external advisor
To provide high-level administrative and support for the Executive PA (EPA) in managing the office of three members of the Bishop of Southwell and Nottingham’s Senior Staff Team.
- Providing a comprehensive reception service for visitors to Jubilee House and staff Ensuring visitors are greeted and directed to their meetings. Ensuring the security routines are adhered to by staff and visitors
- Answering any direct calls to Jubilee House, providing answers where possible and directing queries to the appropriate Department
- Setting up rooms for training and other events, including ensuring ICT equipment is set up and ready for use. Providing refreshments where requested
- First point of contact for any ICT queries, including reprographics, where possible resolving these, otherwise liaising with external provider for assistance and resolution
- Monitoring usage of external ICT provider, checking monthly reports, identifying patterns and passing invoices for payment
- Monitoring telephone contracts, mobile, fibre and broadband, ensuring optimum use of mobile phones, placing orders and cancelling when not required
- CMS Superuser – assisting Diocesan staff with queries, creating reports, managing access and functions. Undertake the yearly data refresh by liaising with PCCs and updating the database
- Manage access and license distribution for Diocesan Zoom Account
Health and Safety
- Undertaking regular H&S activities, including fire drills, first aid provision and training for staff.
- Working with external provider to ensure audits are completed and actions addressed.
- Liaison with the H&S contractor to ensure the H&S Policy is reviewed each year
- Maintain log of risk assessments, updating these as required in conjunction with the H&S Contractor
- Preparation of documents for large scale mailing, including copying, placing into envelopes and sending. Sending out electronic mailshots as required under the direction of Directors etc
- Ensuring adequate supplies of all stationery and other office equipment within Jubilee House, sourcing, pricing and ordering any special requirements as requested by Directors
- Managing the on-line room booking system, liasing with external hirers and ensuring all procedures are followed. Managing the equipment hire diary logging out and receiving back all equipment.
Any other administrative duties as required, for example word processing, mail distribution and sorting, filing etc.
Support to the Executive PA and team
- Assist the EP in providing full administrative services to the Archdeacons and Chief Executive
- Diary management for the Archdeacons (2), liaising with the EPA where necessary
- Alongside the EPA, provide support in the preparation of Diocesan Synod and Bishop’s Council including production of papers, room booking and organising hospitality and equipment.
- Attendance to take minutes at formal business meetings (sometimes outside of normal office hours), may be required on an occasional basis
- Attendance at Diocesan Synod (three times per year) as and when required, to be part of the welcome team, assist with the organisation of refreshments and minute taking.