Posted 1 month agoExpires in 12 days
£20,000pa Part Time – 4 days a week salary
Be the initial point of contact for the parish, overseeing all aspects of the practical running of the Parish, reporting directly to the Vicar with regular interaction with staff team, treasurer, maintenance group and Parish Management team.
Wandsworth Parish consists of 2 churches, an office, church hall, vicarage, and curate’s house.
- Main contact for enquiries from church members, potential new members and others about services, ministries, life events; and for enquiries from contractors and other external service providers.
- Overall general management of the parish office based at Holy Trinity.
- Processing purchases/payments and income/receipts under the direction of the Treasurer.
- Co-ordinating people, resources, premises and activities effectively.
- Managing and developing current church information systems, ensuring that parish records (including electoral roll and church family contact data, parish registers, etc) are kept current, with electronic and paper filing systems being ordered and accessible.
- Completion and filing of annual returns to the Charity Commission, the Diocese, and the national Church.
- Managing communications (email, phone, website, social media, notices, etc.), specifically ensuring that website information is current, inc re welcome, services, events and giving.
- Managing events, including weekends away, evangelistic events and internal courses such as Christianity Explored.
- Overseeing the maintenance and hire of Holy Trinity, All Saints and the Holy Trinity Church Centre, including ensuring that contracts with utilities and other maintenance/service suppliers are reviewed and renewed at least annually.
- Supporting the administration relating to Sunday and weekday services.
- Advising the clergy of any pastoral needs identified amongst church family members and others with associations with the Parish.
- It is an ‘occupational requirement’ that you must be a Christian, but not necessarily from an Anglican background
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Versatility with ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong relationship skills and willingness to work well in a team
- Familiarity with Church Suite or similar church management software
- Familiarity with accounting software is desirable
All Saints & Holy Trinity’s Mission is to know Jesus Christ and to make Christ known. To this end we are committed to faithful Bible teaching, prayer, social action, worship, and evangelism.
We are committed to helping people of all ages and backgrounds to come to faith in Jesus Christ, to be transformed into faithful and joyful disciples and to building up leaders of all ages for Christ.