An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced administrator to work within the Diocese of Exeter’s Education Team to provide an efficient and effective administrative and organisational support service that promotes effective communication internally and externally with schools, academies and stakeholders.
The Education Administrative Officer role requires a high degree of proficiency across the domains of:
- Ensuring the education team and its associates are informed and briefed in order to facilitate the implementation of effective school support, policy and decision-making.
- Ensuring administration and organisational systems are effective to support advisers and the wider team to maximise time efficiencies.
- Developing, implementing and co-ordinating systems to improve our communications with stakeholders and to widen our reach, ensuring all can access appropriate information and services with ease.
- Clerk or minute meetings as requested.
- Support in Governor recruitment and record keeping.
- Develop and market traded services including training opportunities to school, academies, federations and MATs.
- Co-ordinate the production of the annual Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the Education Team and schools, federations and MATs.
- Promote, monitor and evaluate delivery of the SLA, and seek to develop to meet changing needs.
- Procure, co-ordinate, publish and market the Diocesan Education Training programme, liaising with Education Advisers.
Please see the attached job description for further responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the they hold the following specifications:
- Professional experience.
- At least 5 A-C (or equivalent) GCSEs to include Maths and English.
- Evidence of up-to-date professional development.
- Experience as a school/academy administrator.
- Experience as the clerk to a school/academy Governance Board.
- Experience in taking minutes at meetings.
- Good understanding and grasp of what represents effective governance, admissions and school organisation practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ethos and distinctiveness of Church of England schools, school governance, and school effectiveness.
- Knowledge of how to generate income, write successful bids and grant applications.
- A full driving licence and use of a car for work related travel.
Please see the attached job description for further required specifications.
The Diocese of Exeter matches almost exactly the boundaries of the county of Devon, including Torbay and Plymouth. We are a family of Christians, worshipping God in many different settings and groups. We are led by the Bishop of Exeter, and governed by Diocesan Synod which is made up of representatives from across the Diocese.
To arrange an informal discussion about the post please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 07952 596277
Closing Date: 1st August 2021
Shortlisting Date 2nd August 2021
Interview Date: 10th August 2021