We are seeking an experienced individual to strengthen the support and supervision of the boy and girl choristers and the safeguarding and pastoral wellbeing of all members of the Cathedral Music Department.
1. To take a leading role in the safeguarding and pastoral care of the Boy and Girl Choristers, including on their arrival and departure
2. To coordinate the provision of choir teas
3. To act as chaperone at rehearsals, services, concerts, recordings, teas, social events and on choir tours and to take a lead in preventing unauthorised photography and filming
4. To support and uphold behaviour management among the Boy and Girl Choristers
5. To be the whole choir’s provider of first aid and mental health first aid
6. To coordinate and oversee additional volunteer chaperones as required
7. To supervise and maintain the choir robes and arrange for their periodic laundering
8. To support and maintain good relationships with the adult music staff and the choir parents and carers
9. To undertake any necessary training in safeguarding, first aid, mental health first aid and to become and remain a local authority approved chaperone
Please click here for the person specification
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The job title of matron gives the best sense of the role but is not intended to imply any assumptions about gender as the post is open to applicants of any gender.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Music
KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Boy and Girl Choristers, Head of Music, Assistant Head of Music, Organ Scholar, Voice Coach, Soprano Choral Scholars, Lay Clerks, Canon Precentor J
OB PURPOSE: To strengthen the support and supervision of the Boy and Girl Choristers and the safeguarding and pastoral wellbeing of all members of the Cathedral Music Department
SALARY: £9,682 PRO RATA (£19,629 FTE) PENSION: Subject to meeting the relevant criteria you will be enrolled in the Cathedral’s Pension Scheme with 8% employer contributions.
HOURS: 18.25 hours per week (breakdown of hours detailed in full job description)
HOLIDAYS: 14 days (PRO RATA) plus bank holidays
Deadline for Applications: Friday 2nd July
Interviews: Wednesday 14th July