Posted 17 days agoExpires in 6 days
£20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
The Diocese of Exeter is seeking a part-qualified People (HR) professional to provide human resource and administrative support to the Director of People and Safeguarding. This will include managing day to day aspects of People Services including recruitment, basic employee relations casework (absence, discipline, capability, grievance), payroll liaison, occupational health, wellbeing and management reporting using the PeopleHR System.
Specifically, it will:
- Provide administrative support to the Director with day to day aspects of People Services, including payroll, recruitment, employee relations casework (absence, discipline, capability and grievance), occupational health and wellbeing.
- Develop, utilise and maintain the PeopleHR System for the EDBF and provide management information and employee data as required by the Director.
- Manage all recruitment related activities.
The Diocese of Exeter matches almost exactly the boundaries of the county of Devon, including Torbay and Plymouth. We are a family of Christians, worshipping God in many different settings and groups. We are led by the Bishop of Exeter, and governed by Diocesan Synod which is made up of representatives from across the Diocese.
The main duties and responsibilities of the People (HR) Assistant will include:
- Understand how the People team supports the wider objectives of the EDBF and the diocese.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues across EDBF.
- Support People Services by delivering quality administration. Become fully proficient with the PeopleHR System and provide support and advice to other users.
- Aid EDBF managers to review roles and accompanying job profiles.
- Support the Director with the management of recruitment and selection processes.
- Ensure the appropriate authorisation process has taken place.
- Create adverts and application packs for vacancies.
- Maintain PeopleHR System with up-to-date Performance Review Forms and coach people effectively in how to use the system.
- Review Annual Performance Review forms and provide analysis of the training to be included in future training plans.
- Conduct employee opinion surveys.
- Ensure Payroll is given all relevant documentation and any timesheets before Payroll deadline.
- Review and update Employee handbook, policies and procedures and T’s and C’s of employment as directed.
- Produce professional reports and presentations by fully utilising PeopleHR System, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Be the main point of contact for the OH provider and set up assessments as and when required.
- Support the Director and work with external legal advisers on employee relations issues as and when required.
- Ensure all diocesan Safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to by own team.
Please see the job description for further duties and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they hold the following specifications:
- Basic knowledge of People (HR) and CIPD Level 3 or equivalent HR work experience.
- Recent administrative experience in an employee focused role or function.
- Previous experience of working in a changing office team environment and able to demonstrate experience undertaking general administration.
- Experience and knowledge of good HR practice. Experience of supporting the recruitment process.
- Experience of committee administration.
- Experience of using automated HR systems.
- Excellent written skills including minute taking, writing official documentation and record keeping.
- Working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common-sense approach.
Please see the job description for further required specifications.
To arrange an informal discussion about the post please email email@example.com or by phone 01392 294959
Closing Date: 1st July 2021
Shortlisting Date: 6th July 2021
Interview Date: 12th July 2021