Posted 22 days agoExpires in 8 days
We are looking for an energetic person to lead on our safeguarding training and to work collaboratively to help the Diocese ensure that any allegations of abuse are appropriately dealt with. This includes ensuring the provision of appropriate advice and support to people at every level in the diocese, to victims of abuse and in making sure those who pose a risk are appropriately supported and managed.
To assist the Diocesan Safeguarding Officer in supporting the Diocese in the development of its safeguarding arrangements, good practice, policy and training
- Provide, or coordinate the provision of, training on safeguarding matters.
- Give advice, information and support to PCCs and parish safeguarding officers on the implementation of that guidance and where appropriate, challenging PCCs and parish safeguarding officers on what they have done to implement that guidance.
- Assist with safeguarding casework on behalf of the diocese and ensure all work is recorded in line with the House of Bishops safeguarding policy and guidance
- Support the DSO in offering the Diocese’s Professional safeguarding response to safeguarding concerns or allegations against church officers in line with the House of Bishops safeguarding policy and guidance. To promote good practice.
- Work with the DSO to co-operate with the police, local authorities and other bodies in cases in which it is suspected that a child, young person or vulnerable adult has suffered abuse or is at risk of suffering abuse.
- Give advice and guidance to the Bishop and other church officers on safeguarding matters in the DSO’s absence. To assist with reporting to the Bishop’s senior staff team and other diocesan bodies on the progress of safeguarding arrangements.
- Give advice, information and support to victim/ survivors of abuse in the DSO’s absence and ensure the diocese responds well to those who have suffered abuse.
- To support the undertaking and commissioning of risk assessments.
- Assist with the implementation of the policy and practice guidance issued by the House of Bishops.
- Contribute to the work of the Diocesan safeguarding Working Group.
- Ensure that records are kept and are accessible, accurate, securely held and able to be analysed.
- Work collaboratively with the National Safeguarding Team and attend national events.
- Engage in professional supervision and continued professional development.
- Implement, or coordinate the implementation of the current House of Bishop’s Safer Recruitment Policy, including the efficient and effective operation of the diocesan DBS checking process.
To Apply for this position please use the application from below and return to HR@hereford.anglican.org