In the Diocese of Blackburn we profoundly believe in the difference that the Gospel makes to people lives and so have a deep commitment to building healthy churches which can transform the communities in which they are set. We are looking for people of all backgrounds and traditions who share our passion for making a difference in the name of Jesus Christ.
The Clerk to the Registry will provide legal secretarial support and administrative assistance to the Registrar who is responsible for the legal office of the Diocese of Blackburn. The position will require excellent communication and organisation skills and the ability to manage a busy workload in a proactive manner. The candidate will be a reliable and enthusiastic key person working within a small team. Previous experience of working as a legal secretary or paralegal would be an advantage. Experience of formatting complicated documents and tables using Microsoft Office systems including Word and Excel is essential. Sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Church of England is also essential.
To deal with enquiries to the Registry, answering queries wherever possible
· To prepare the paperwork for clergy and lay licence appointments in a timely manner
· To process, create and update the Registries in accordance with legal requirements and the processing of legal documentation
· To establish, manage and maintain a legal archive of documentation and deeds
· To liaise with external lawyers, including the Deputy Registrar and property solicitors as required
· To liaise with the Accounts department regarding Consistory Court fees Marriage Licence fees and billing
· To undertake processes in dealing with faculty requests
· To provide administrative, legal secretarial and PA support to the Registrar
· To undertake paralegal responsibilities with supervision
· To answer the telephone, taking messages where the queries require the advice of the Registrar
See attached person specification.
For further information about Blackburn Diocese click here
For further information or an informal chat regarding the role please contact the Diocesan Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: Wednesday 8th June