We are seeking to appoint a full-time Priest Missioner to join the leadership team in the parish of Gainsborough and Morton.
In addition to having pastoral responsibility for the St. Paul’s ad St. George’s districts of the team parish, the priest appointed will help us to:
- Grow spiritually, numerically and in service
- Work out, implement and sustain new approaches, including Fresh Expressions of Church, reaching out to new generations
- Discern and use God-given skills and talents
- Develop and implement greater communication in the digital age
- Broaden the worship we offer and grow the existing worshipping communities
New residential and commercial developments in a rapidly expanding town created huge opportunity for mission.
Will you join us?
We are committed to being faithful, inclusive, compassionate, nurturing and joyful in all that we do.
Closing Date: 27th August 2018
Interview Date: 9th October 2018
You will be:
- A priest who is rooted and grounded in prayer, worship and the scriptures
- Someone with a heart for mission rooted in the parish system
- A person of imagination and organisation who has the drive and vision to implement new ideas whilst taking others with them
- A person of theological depth who has an ability to reflect theologically and preach well
- Someone who is not partisan in outlook but desires to see the church grow and welcomes everyone who comes
- Someone who works creatively in teams, but also has the ability to ensure that ideas are carried into practice
- Someone who has strong pastoral gifts and is prepared to encourage inherited church in the strength of that ministry whilst appropriately challenging us in new ways of being the church
- Someone with a sense of fun who loves people and has a gift for encouraging the faith in them
- The profile that follows talks about the context in which we work and gives more information about our churches. It covers other information and housing details. This appointment will be made as a Team Vicars post to be known as Priest Missioner.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
Gainsborough is a friendly market town, situated on the Lincolnshire- Nottinghamshire border, with a proud heritage dating back to Viking times. It is located on the river Trent. To the North, within the parish, lies the village of Morton with a welcoming and active community. The total population of the parish is around 20,000. Historically the prosperity of the area was founded on the river, and it was a centre for grain milling and malting.