Posted 8 days agoExpires in 23 days
Rudgwick, Horsham, West Sussex
Depending on experience and qualifications
Holy Trinity is a thriving Anglican village church on the West Sussex / Surrey borders. Although it is in a rural community the church is a single benefice. As well as our Youth and children’s ministries we run weekly Small Groups, the Alpha Course, The Pre- Marriage and Marriage Courses, as well as a board games ministry to elderly residents in the village. You can get a feel for who we are by exploring our website and watching our YouTube channel. We serve a community of 3000 people with our mission of “Seeking to bring Jesus Christ into the heart of our community”
- Overseeing and developing the youth programme at the Church and Youth Centre, including Sundays and midweek activities, discipleship, outreach initiatives and trips both in the UK and overseas.
- Exploring new and creative ways of reaching out to young people in the village not currently engaging with the Youth Centre and the Church.
- Bridging the gap between the Youth Centre and the Church, helping young people at RYC to become serving members of the local Church.
- Building on links with the Primary school (the previous Youth Minister ran a lunchtime sports club and took occasional assemblies and RE lessons) so that Year 6 children transitioning to the youth centre feel confident and reassured.
- Liaising with Rikkyo School, the Japanese Church of Japan Secondary school on the edge of the village – a class from the school attends services at Holy Trinity on the 1st and 3rd Sundays in term time. About 15 students and a teacher from the school also attend Church on 3 Sundays a month, joining in with Engage (the teenage Sunday School group).
- Building links with The Weald School (the local secondary school)
- Being accessible to young people and their parents by the keeping of regular office hours at Rudgwick Youth Centre.
- Contributing to wider church events that include young people and their families. Keeping up to date with current resources, initiatives and practices.
- A minimum of GCSE-level education
- A full UK driving licence.
- (for worship) proficiency in playing a musical instrument.
- A formal qualification in youth work.
- First Aid qualification.
- (For worship) Grade 5 or above in a musical instrument
- A sound knowledge of the Bible, and experience in teaching it to others.
- High proficiency in social media applications.
- Excellent IT skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- An understanding of Church of England Safeguarding procedures
- Experience in planning, organising and leading teaching and activities. for young people which are engaging, enjoyable and Christ centred.
- Experience of leading and working within teams in a church setting.
- Experience of leadership responsibilities with youth in a church setting. (For Worship)
- Experience of being part of a church worship group. (For Children) Experience of taking School assembles.
About the Area:
Rudgwick is a friendly rural village in the beautiful Sussex countryside. Situated on the Surrey / Sussex border it is 6 miles from Horsham and 12 from Guildford. Rudgwick has a medical centre, dentist, pubs and village shop which also has post office facilities. The village has a Pre-school, a Primary school, a prep school (all rated “Good” or higher by OFSTED or ISI) and a Japanese Boarding school all of which we have good relationships with. It sits in a beautiful part of the country surrounded by many walks and cycle routes, but within easy reach of the coast, Guildford and Gatwick airport.