Posted 9 days agoExpires in 1 month
Flexible hours/ includes evening and weekends
We are looking for someone with experience in Christian ministry; a committed believer who seeks daily to grow personally in the knowledge and love of God, and desires to help others to do the same.
The post holder will be a member of the Church’s senior staff team and will work alongside, but be accountable to, the Vicar. The principle responsibilities will be preaching, teaching, leading services and other roles inherent in being a senior member of the staff team.
The remit is:
- To lead and develop the Church’s evangelism and outreach in support of the Church’s vision.
- To encourage the whole Church family to be invitational and welcoming, becoming more confident at sharing their faith
- To be an active part of the strategic Leadership Team.
This will be a full-time role. Hours will be flexible and will include evening and weekend work. Annual leave is six weeks per year, to be taken at times agreed with the Vicar and in conjunction with other members of the staff team. Team members are encouraged to make full use of days off and annual leave.
The salary and remuneration will be commensurate to the responsibilities of this post, and will be on a par with that of a minister in the Church of England. Reasonable working expenses are paid by the PCC.
- Be committed to praying regularly for the Church family at St Peter’s and for other members of the team.
- Preach and lead regularly at Sunday services. Preparation for preaching at St Peter’s is given a high priority.
- Together with others in senior leadership to play a part in the ongoing pastoral support of the wider Church including a share of pastoral visiting (sick, older members etc.) as well as support of individuals or couples requesting help (relationships, crises etc.)
- Collaborate with the Vicar and others on the staff team in strategic planning for the wider Church programme to promote the growth and ministry of the Church.
- As a senior member of the staff team, to support the Vicar in the management and care of the wider staff team including supervision of other staff members and also to take on any other responsibilities as may be directed by the Vicar.
- To oversee and co-ordinate the outreach and mission aspects of the life of the Church (‘Leading’ stream of Parish Plan). This will involve evangelistic courses, missions, meetings and publicity. Also, there will be an oversight of outreach associated with Baptism, Confirmation and Marriage Preparation and follow up. The appointed person will also work closely with our Prayer Co-ordinator.
- In collaboration with the incumbent and others in the Leadership Team, the post holder will input significantly in all the other areas of Church life, proclaiming, encouraging and serving.
- The post holder will be expected to participate in leading and preaching, especially at outreach services and events and having a significant presence in the community.
- To participate fully in the Leadership Team with strategic and tactical input.
- To attend the weekly leadership meeting and participate in continual development and review.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to volunteer ministry partners working in the areas of the post holder’s responsibilities.
- To assist our Children and Families Worker with experience of outreach to these groups
The person appointed should be committed to Bible study, prayer and the service of others, and have a heart for nurturing disciples of Jesus through Bible teaching and pastoral support. It is expected that the person appointed would be committed to evangelism, initiating and supporting activities that seek to make Christ’s love known and bring glory to God.
We are looking for:
- An evangelical who has a supreme regard for the authority of scripture and a strong desire to communicate the truths contained therein.
- A gifted preacher who faithfully handles God’s word and effectively teaches its contemporary relevance in the life of Church, individual and world.
- An experienced minister of the gospel who has a track record of combining sensitivity with biblical integrity such that both in their preaching and work with individuals they effectively apply the scriptures to a wide range of pastoral issues.
- A strong team player who works through and with others to make things happen, but is also capable of independent action
- A natural leader who will take initiative and assume responsibilities but who is also a strong team player and will support the Vicar and work in collaboration with others on the staff team.
The successful candidate will be:
- A gifted Christian evangelist, passionate about sharing Jesus as Lord and Saviour with a wide range of people, supporting people coming to faith and integrating them in a Church family where they can grow as disciples.
- Experienced at equipping and encouraging Christians to be more confident and effective in sharing their faith.
- Theologically trained to degree level with evidence of practical application of this training.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
St Peter’s is a lively, medium-sized, Bible based evangelical Church committed to sharing the Gospel with our local community.
Around 120 adults and 30 children attend regularly on a Sunday. Approximately 150 people join us for worship at our Messy Church events, and there are various mid week family and children’s work activities engaging around 50 adults and 70 children.