The Bishop of Hereford, the Rt. Revd. Richard Jackson, wishes to appoint a new Rural Pioneer Priest for the Cagebrook Group of Parishes, which consists of the parishes of Kingstone, Clehonger, Eaton Bishop, Allensmore and Thruxton with a major focus on numerical and spiritual growth within the Diocese, Deanery and the Benefice coupled with re-imagined ministry. There is a real opportunity here for a dynamic spiritual Christian leader with imagination, enthusiasm and an engaging personality to make their mark in this wonderful rural community. The new Rural Pioneer Priest will be part of the Abbeydore Deanery Chapter and will play an important part in the emerging and exciting Deanery mission.
As part of Abbeydore Deanery, the Cagebrook Benefice has been involved in developing the Deanery Pastoral Plan and the Mission Action Plan. Abbeydore Deanery is becoming a Group Ministry and in due course there will be a Joint Council. The plan envisages four mission communities covering the deanery, each with oversight from a Rural Pioneer Priest (RPP) and a Mission Community Leadership Team.
The Mission Communities will be made up of clusters of parishes working together, and the Ministry Community Leadership Teams will be formed during autumn 2021. One of these communities will be based on the current Cagebrook Benefice, although the boundaries are yet to be defined.
Each Rural Pioneer Priest also has responsibility for leading a Mission Stream covering the whole deanery; for this post the mission stream will be ‘New Communities’. This work is supported in the Cagebrook Benefice by a full time Intergenerational Missioner – Geri Miller – who is jointly supervised by the Cagebrook based Rural Pioneer Priest and the lead Diocesan Intergenerational Missioner.
• A deep and lively faith in the inclusive love of God, with the enthusiasm to share that with others
• Well-developed ability to work collaboratively, handle complexity, initiate change and manage conflict
• Compassion, empathy, emotional intelligence, resilience, playfulness
• Ability to work with and respect the inherited traditions of church whilst pioneering new Christian communities
• An affinity for using digital technology
• An ability to innovate creatively
• Experience of pioneering Christian community in areas of new housing