At the north end of Chesham, on one of its many hills, is Hivings and Pond Park, an area of mixed housing, a primary school and a parade of shops. Hope Church, newly formed, wants to be a lighthouse for Jesus in this area, and is looking for a Minister to come to join and lead its engagement with the community and its growth.
We are looking for someone to lead the work of growing and pastoring Hope Church as a sustainable, vibrant, community church that will increasingly make Jesus known by word and deed to the residents of the Pond Park and Hivings area of Chesham. The Minister will also have the support of our partner church, Emmanuel Chesham, through its Vicar.
Hope Church was formed at the beginning of 2019 when the remaining members of Hivings Free Church were joined by some members of Emmanuel to form a new church, motivated by the desire and challenge to make Jesus known afresh in this distinctive area. The local authority has highlighted the area as one facing the challenge of social and economic deprivation, including low social mobility. Hope Church is a part of the Parish of Great Chesham, and its Minister will be welcomed into the Parish staff team, led by the Team Rector.
We are praying the new Minister at Hope will:
• Have an obvious passion for Jesus Christ, His gospel, and the local church
• Enthusiastically inspire others and join with them to make Jesus known
• Be a convinced evangelical, committed to teach the Bible as the reliable Word of God
• Be led by the Holy Spirit in church life and mission
• Lead, with others, the implementation of a clear strategy to engage the local community.
• Be able to grow and equip disciples who will be effective witnesses to Jesus
• Demonstrate personal godliness, prayerfulness and integrity
• Be a wise, energetic, faithful pastor.
• Have appropriate training and experience for this role.
Could this be you?
(This is the second advertisement for this post. Previous applicants need not re-apply.)
If, having read and prayerfully considered the Hope Church profile, you would like to talk informally about the role, please contact the Vicar of Emmanuel Church, John Shepherd on 01494 784372 / 07969 981908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications : Wednesday 12th May 2021
Interviews: Thursday 20th May 2021
Enhanced DBS disclosure required.