Due to the retirement of our Local Ministry officer we are looking to fill a new role.
We are looking for a skilled individual to enhance the Diocese of Hereford’s focus on, and capacity for, local ministry at every level by:
• Overseeing and coordinating diocesan engagement with parishes and
• Leading on local ministry development
In collaboration with senior staff, department colleagues and other key stakeholders, to develop a diocesan strategy for licensed and other lay ministry pathways that enables the whole church to share in the mission of God across the Diocese of Hereford.
The post is open to a suitably qualified lay or ordained colleague. It might be possible to explore a stipend and a House for Duty role alongside this post if a suitably qualified clergy person were to be appointed instead of a salary.
- To provide the strategic lead for growing and developing local ministry & lay ministry pathways within a vision for collaborative ministry that equips the whole church to share in God’s mission.
- Interim Warden of Readers: to have overall responsibility for the selection, development, training and ministry of Readers in the Diocese, leading to the reimagining of this ministry. They will work closely with the Bishop
- Interim Clergy Ministerial Development (CMD) responsibilities
- To represent the diocese and actively engage with regional and national partners in the development of lay ministry.
- Lead the Mission & Ministry Team with responsibility for budget setting, strategic direction and line management of DDVO, Community Partnership & Funding Officer, Lead Intergenerational Officer & Church & Society Link Officer
- Being the lead for Setting God’s People free agenda in the Diocese
- Promoting the creation of local ministry teams across the Diocese
- Ensuring there is Continual Ministerial Development provision for Clergy based on Ministry Development Review outcomes.
- Sharing of good practice and learning from within the Diocese and wider Church.
- Promoting the alignment of diocesan priorities and action with national church priorities and action
- As a member of the Bishop’s Staff team play a key part in overseeing the delivery of the Diocesan Strategy with a particular input to Local Ministry Development.
- Team Leader of our Mission & Ministry Team
Please see Job Description for full details
To apply for this position please complete the attached documents and return to HR@hereford.anglican.org