Posted 14 days agoExpires in 13 days
St Nics Church, Market Place, Durham
Our Youth Missioner will lead our work in seeking to connect with and make disciples amongst young adults in the city with an emphasis on those aged 16-18 in FE colleges and sixth form. They will also lead our committed team of volunteers working with our existing young adults aged 11-18.
The Youth Missioner will lead and develop St Nics ministries with teenagers and young adults in five key areas:
- Leading our outreach work to young adults who do not yet know Jesus with an emphasis on working with sixth formers and FE students. Develop Relationships with educational establishments and community groups in the parish and elsewhere seeking to work with them in developing relationships and supporting their work with young people.
- Working alongside the Social Justice Enabler to support and nurture those young adults already at St Nics and to walk with them as they seek to develop their faith and discipleship
- Work alongside the Prior of the community of St Cuthbert to build and develop spiritual support groups which encourage a lived discipleship across five rhythms of grace: prayer, study, hospitality, justice and witness.
- Recruiting and developing support from within the congregation in addition to supporting and encouraging our existing volunteer leaders.
- Working with the Diocese and other churches in Durham for joined up working to ensure our teenagers and young adults know they are part of the wider church operating across Durham.
- Proven experience of work with teenagers and young adults
- Proven experience of working well in a team setting
- Proven experience of working with volunteers
- Proven experience of planning and delivering events
- Experience of providing pastoral care in a professional setting
- Previous experience working within a church setting
- Proven experience of recruiting and managing volunteers
Skills & Abilities
- A well organised leader who can give strong direction when needed
- An ability to ‘self start’ and stay motivated despite inevitable challenges
- A team player who is able to reflect on the opinions and input of others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strongly relational individual who networks well with those both inside and outside the church
- Highly organised with a high attention to detail
- Excellent digital and social media skills across a variety of platforms
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- An ability to train others, develop volunteers and grow future leaders
- Basic Video and audio production and editing
- A committed Christian with an active faith in God
- A strong record of commitment to a local church
St Nic’s has been a home for generations in the centre ground of evangelical Anglicanism in the heart of the City of Durham. Having been designated a resource church by the Diocese of Durham St Nics is in an exciting time of both transition and growth.
A key part of our vision is the establishment of a discipleship community at St Nics focused on the renewing of evangelism for new and existing Christians with the aim of rolling out the community across the Diocese. A core part of that vision is our work with young people in secondary and further education.
Should you wish to discuss the role please contact - email@example.com.