The parish of Idle and Sands, Retford is located close to the pleasant market town of Retford, in the north of the diocese. The united benefice and united PCC was formed in 2019 and contains the former parishes of Bothamsall, Eaton & Gamston, Elkesley and West Drayton which have been linked together since 1992 and Sutton-cum-Lound, Babworth and Ranby, and Scofton who have historically been linked. It has a rich heritage, committed and capable lay leaders and exciting mission opportunities, especially through the three church primary schools.
See attached profile.
• A personal devotion to the Lord reflected and rooted in prayer
• A vision for, commitment to, and experience of, evangelism and church growth across all ages,
• An aptitude, experience and gifts in exercising strategic leadership, especially towards vision and implementing plans for growth
• Excellent relational gifts, emotional intelligence, tenacity and resilience,
• The ability to discern, develop and deploy the gifts of others in mission and ministry
• The willingness to work with the existing team of clergy and laity to build and sustain life-giving teams
• The ability to lead and enjoy a variety of worship and musical styles, including contemporary expressions and the Book of Common Prayer
• A commitment to, and expertise for, engaging biblical teaching and whole-life discipleship
• The ability to relate to, and inspire, children, young people and young families as well as retaining and building on the existing congregations
• The capacity to see new missional opportunities and implement them
see attached document