To provide general administrative support to the Area Dean and be an enabler of support to the churches of the deanery. This is a new role and it is envisaged it will evolve as the role of the new Area Dean evolves.
· General administration
· Producing documents and presentations
· Being the first point of contact for queries
· Diary management
· Arranging meetings
· Governance administration (including circulating agendas, papers, and taking minutes if required)
· Maintaining databases and systems
· Supporting communication processes within the Deanery. This could include printed material, electronic communications, social media and websites depending on the needs of the Deanery.
· Setting up and maintaining systems to coordinate bookings across the Deanery (for example for funerals, hall bookings etc)
· Setting up and maintaining processes to audit and coordinate parish resources across the new Deanery. “Resources” is a broad definition and will include human resources (numbers, skills and gifts/talents), equipment, buildings, facilities, physical equipment, activities etc.
As this is a new and evolving role, the successful candidate will need to be flexible, adaptable and proactive in seeking new ways of working. They will also need:
· Excellent accuracy/attention to detail
· Experience in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent planning & organising skills
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to handle queries from a wide range of people
· A collaborative style
· Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information
· To be willing to work within the Christian ethos and values
· Knowledge of parish structures and governance systems would be advantageous
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary: £11,500 (equivalent to £23,000 full-time)
Hours of work: This is a part-time role of 17.5 hours per week. This is a fixed term role, subject to funding. Funding has initially been secured for five years.
Pension: 12% contribution to Church Workers Pension Scheme
Holidays: 5 weeks per year plus pro-rated Bank holidays plus 3 Discretionary Diocesan days.
Employer: Birmingham Diocesan Board of Finance
Deadline for Applications: Sunday 7th March
Interviews: Wednesday 18th March via Zoom
We welcome applications from any qualified persons, particularly those currently under-represented including Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic groups & women.