All Saints Lindfield is a welcoming, gospel centred, community and evangelical Anglican church in West Sussex.
We have a heart to share God’s love both practically and spiritually and have recently completed a major church refurbishment.
We are blessed with a large church family and skilled staff team, lay readers and volunteers.
Our aim is to bring glory to God in all that we do and in all that we are.
We want to know Jesus Christ and we long to make Him known in Lindfield and beyond. We are looking for a new vicar who can help us deliver the vision.
As we look forward to a new, significant chapter of our church’s life, we are looking for a vicar with the character and calling to lead All Saints Lindfield forward to fulfil His plans.
All Saints Lindfield is a large community church firmly rooted in the evangelical tradition and with close links to the village. Those links are fostered by the church leadership and an active church family with a heart to share God’s love.
We are a church of all ages and many traditions who are fed with a breadth of Sunday Services and mid-week Connect groups. A strong staff team and committed volunteers support our Ministries to Children and Families, Young People, Seniors, One Another, Local Outreach and Global Mission. Groups meet regularly to offer practical support, share fellowship and deepen their understanding of God’s word. The pandemic has placed additional demands on our services and practical needs and the team has shown flexibility and creativity.
We recently completed the ‘Aspire' project to repair and refurbish our Church building to create a large, open, warm, welcoming and flexible space to better support God’s plan for us. We are also blessed with The Tiger, a refurbished pub which houses various church groups, meetings, a nursery and church admin.
Closing date - March 8th
Shortlisting - March 16th
Interview - end April
For further information please contact:
Church wardens - email@example.com
Church Society Trust - Dick Farr, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Faithful and expository preaching, keeping us rooted in the truth, challenged by application and equipped whatever stage we may be at on our spiritual journey. Being willing to challenge false teaching, and if needed apply gentle correction in a loving spirit.
• Fruitful evangelism, a proven track record and a desire to see our outreach develop in culturally relevant ways in Lindfield, Sussex and beyond.
• Lead, challenge and inspire our teams including a large staff team, PCC or volunteers.
• Oversight and nurturing of our staff team to grow their respective areas of ministry across all parts of the church family
• Ability to implement a gospel-driven vision, plan a strategy to advance this and communicate it effectively to all the church family
• Provide pastoral care to the flock through patient and sensitive listening, caring and warm hospitality whilst maintaining integrity and authenticity
• Demonstrate a wise and prudent attitude to stewardship and church finances
• Keep a fervent prayer life at the centre of all we do as a church
• Work to deepen fellowship across all age groups
• Commit to sustain and strengthen our ties with other local churches and our membership of Sussex Gospel Partnership
• Train and disciple future leaders and those considering a vocation in ministry
• Help rebuild and reunite the church family after separation during the Covid 19 pandemic, and build on the foundations of alternative technical platforms to enable God’s word to get communicated to the “hard to reach”
For our next vicar we’re looking for a classical evangelical:
• A person of prayer who is dependent on God in their life and work and able to lead our church family to a renewed commitment to pray.
• A person of humility who is able to listen and learn from others, especially from God. A person with a servant heart who knows their need of Jesus daily and set a personal example to the whole of the church family.
• A person of warmth and generosity who is able to welcome and include others, who can build relationships and trust, who has emotional intelligence to work well with people, and who can work alongside others with generosity of spirit to allow for different perspectives.
• A person of courage and faithfulness who is dedicated to the public proclamation of God’s word and will share the unique message of Jesus in truth and love.
As well as a person with the following gifts:
• A person gifted to teach the Bible, who will open the scriptures at every opportunity and teach us the whole counsel of God, whether ‘in or out of season’.
• A person gifted to share God’s love and saving grace, who is passionate about reaching into the community, demonstrating and explaining God’s saving message and patient in equipping His disciples to share the work.
• A person gifted to communicate clearly, not only through engaging preaching, but through the written and spoken word, able to communicate to young and old alike and to those within and outside of the church family.
• A person gifted to lead and organise a large team, especially our gifted and supportive staff team, but also our PCC and other teams of volunteers. We are looking to be inspired and led into the next season of ministry.
• A person gifted to represent All Saints, who is comfortable being a figure in the local community and able to conduct civic duties. In leading one of the largest churches in the Diocese of Chichester and Sussex Gospel Partnership, they will be keen to work with other church leaders to further the gospel.