We are initially seeking a Priest-in-Charge for St John's Church, Penge with a view to the successful candidate becoming Vicar of the United Benefice of Penge with Holy Trinity Beckenham. (Pastoral Scheme currently underway).
The coming together of St John’s and Holy Trinity to create a unified church in Penge, is an exciting opportunity to explore new ways of being church. Both churches already have substantial presence in the local area - running missional and outreach activities that are highly regarded.
In joining together the combined church will be able to consolidate resources, giving us the potential to grow and better serve God in our local community.
• Encouraging the passionate congregations to further explore their faith and develop new expressions of worship
• Enhancing our mission amongst the vulnerable and needy through Living Well and Christians Against Poverty
• Growing our current ministry amongst children, youth and families through projects like Little Fish, our pre-school, school links and youth groups
• Developing our existing ministry amongst adults of all ages
• Creating new ministries aimed at the ever-changing social demographics in Penge Bringing together the two churches presents a foundation, on which we believe God can shape and mould a powerful expression of his heart for the local community
Our ideal candidate will be Christ-centred and prayerful, with a strong scriptural understanding. They will be a leader who is open to engaging with and understanding different cultures, perspectives and approaches to worship. They will be comfortable delivering bible-based teaching, encouraging individuals (and the church family as a whole) to explore God’s word, and enabling the church to grow in faith and biblical understanding.
Someone who is excited about creating new ways of being church: who can look at the successes and challenges of the past, and use them to help shape our new church for the future.
A "Leader of leaders”, excited by this challenging project and able to lead us to growth and development, creating a unified vision and aims.
A strategic and inspiring leader who can energise and empower those around them, with a gift for delegation and able to nurture people’s talents.
[Please see accompanying Person Specification for further detail]
We have a strong and effective Leadership Team to support our new parish priest, each with different areas of responsibility and including both paid staff and enthusiastic volunteers.
[Please see our Parish Profiles for further information, or visit our websites]
Interviews will be held on Tuesday, 22nd June 2021. [Closing date for completed applications is 21st May].
If you have any questions please contact Fiona Porter, EA to the Archdeacon of Bromley & Bexley on 07768 237328 or email her on email@example.com