Christ Church Spitalfields (CCSPITS) is a vibrant church in East London, looking to see Jesus loved, churches grown, and society transformed across the city. We are a dynamic church with growth and multiplication at our heart, and a strong commitment to Christian community in Midweek Groups and at services and events. We are a part of the HTB network of churches, an Alpha Hub church, and our Love Your Neighbour project aims to make a positive impact in our communities especially at this challenging time.
The diversity of this area provides huge mission opportunities for CCSPITS as we look to reach out to Muslims, the homeless, those struggling with drug addiction, students and young professionals working in the City or in the creative industries. There are also exciting possibilities for collaboration with other churches in the area and organisations such as the Good Shepherd Mission and The Salvation Army.
Our Electoral Roll stands at 196, although we estimate the overall worshipping community at nearer 400. While Sunday attendance has been impacted by COVID-19, with many people joining services online instead of in-person, attendance on Sundays is at 200 on average and we have seen steady growth across the last four years. The age range of the congregation is predominantly within the 18-69 bracket, although we have been excited to see growth in our children, youth and student groups over the last few years. The church’s social and ethnic mix is predominantly white British, prompting our desire to become more inclusive and representative of the diversity of the communities on our doorstep.
We are looking for a Rector who:
• Authentic love for Jesus, the Bible and people
• Able to lead the church and build a sense of community, moving in the Holy Spirit’s power
• Strategic thinker with a track record of growing churches • Lifestyle of prayer • Mission-minded evangelist
• Good communicator with a wide range of people, able to engage across the board with our diverse Parish
• Strong understanding of East London’s transient nature, with the ability to spot the right season to make changes
• Ability to have oversight of a large church, and has experience of leading in a staff team. Has the skills required to delegate and grow leaders
• Inspiring and biblical preacher, able to teach and disciple for all stages of faith
• Resilient and empowering leader
• Willingness to try new ideas
• Not fixated on one style or tradition of church
• Sense of humour
• Friendly and approachable
• Passion and experience of leading a church in the City
• Aware of local demographic
• Vision for reaching outside the church building
• Appreciation of the history
CPAS is an Evangelical Patron with involvement in the patronage of 690 churches accross the UK
If you have any queries about this post please contact Kathy Burch email@example.com initially.
Applications close at midnight on the 26 January and interviews and visits are on the 25/26 February.