Together Liverpool were formed in 2013 as a Joint Venture between the Diocese of Liverpool and the Together Network. The Together Network is a union of 21 faith-based partnerships. Known as joint ventures, each is a partnership between the Church Urban Fund and a Church of England diocese, and focused on the needs and priorities of the communities they serve. And each employs at least one development worker who has the knowledge and skills needed to support and develop local projects.
Together Liverpool works across the whole of the Diocese of Liverpool – including Sefton, Knowsley, St Helens, Halton, Warrington, Wigan, West Lancashire and Liverpool.
Through our work we aim to:
- Encourage and support more social action through creating a network of kindness
- Work in partnerships to tackle and prevent the root causes of poverty
- Connect and promote social action activities which generate community and social inclusion
This role is employed by Together Liverpool.
Hours of work are 21 per week
Fixed term for up to 3 years
Salary - £14632.00pa
Interviews to take place 16th October 2020
Job Purpose – you will be responsible for providing support to enable the smooth operational running of Together Liverpool and equipping our frontline staff and trustees to use their time and skills to greatest effect. The role forms the central connection point between staff, trustees, joint venture partners (Church Urban Fund and Diocese of Liverpool) and wider stakeholders. This role supports and facilitates the effective delivery of each of Together Liverpool’s projects and ensures this work is successfully supported technically and communicated.
Key responsibilities or Main Purpose
- To oversee and organise the operational running of Together Liverpool events
- To manage and maintain external contracts
- To produce, edit and coordinate Together Liverpool’s external communications including the website and production of regular e-newsletters
- To coordinate Together Liverpool’s communications with joint venture partners and other stakeholders
- To coordinate Together Liverpool’s communications with trustees
- To develop and maintain the retention of good filing systems and audit trails
- To develop and oversee effective communications systems between staff
- To oversee the management of Together Liverpool’s finances
- To coordinate Together Liverpool’s monitoring requirements
- To be responsible for the production of a regular e-newsletter about the work of Together Liverpool
- To oversee the management of the Together Liverpool website
- To maintain and develop Together Liverpool’s social media accounts (Twitter and Facebook)
- To organise the Network of Kindness story telling activities
- To effectively prepare, organise and manage the development of agendas and taking minutes of trustee meetings
- To maintain and keep accurate records of meetings and decisions made by trustees and actions taken
- To be responsible for distributing associated papers to trustees for meetings
- To be responsible for following up agreed actions with trustees
- To be responsible for keeping updated with charity commission regulations and basics of charity law and guidance and ensuring trustees are briefed on this
- To effectively prepare organise and manage the preparation of papers for the Annual General Meeting
- To effectively work alongside Together Liverpool’s treasurer and the Diocese of Liverpool finance team
- To effectively prepare and organise materials to support funding bids
- To effectively communicate with funders as required
- To support the administration for the Places of Welcome network alongside colleagues
- To assist in the production of publicity (in conjunction with relevant colleagues)
- To be responsible for the management of event bookings as required and organising logistical arrangements
- To oversee the coordination of post-event communications
- To work collaboratively with colleagues as part of Together Liverpool, CUF and the Diocese of Liverpool
- To assist in the general efficient operation of Together Liverpool
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of Together Liverpool, CUF and the Diocese of Liverpool matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential or sensitive information.
- To promote the ethos and values of Together Liverpool , CUF and the Diocese of Liverpool by supporting the policies and procedures.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive or restrictive, changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added. This job description may be reviewed in the future.