We are looking for an energetic and creative priest with a particular interest in developing a ministry to families and young people.
The Benefice comprises two churches – St. Peter & St. Paul, Lingfield and St John the Evangelist, Dormansland. St Johns has a House for Duty priest, so the primary role is as Vicar of Lingfield.
Lingfield is a large village of 5000 people in Surrey close to the borders with Kent and East Sussex. It is a semi-rural commuter village with a real community spirit and plenty of volunteer activities.
Our challenge is for the church to reach out to more of the community and this is reflected in our Mission Action Plan comprising:
- new worship opportunities
- developing a pastoral visiting team
- better communication through our website and social media
The church of St.Peter & St Paul is a grade 1 listed historic church held in high affection by the local community. It is kept open each day in daylight hours and receives many visitors who welcome the opportunity for quiet prayer and reflection. There is no fixed worship style – best described as middle of the road.
We are looking for someone who...
* can build on our successful monthly Messy Church
* can provide leadership with ability to motivate and inspire others
* can lead worship suitable for people of different backgrounds
* will have a high profile in the village, developing our links with local schools, care homes and community activities
* will respond to the challenges of having an ageing congregation but huge potential for spiritual growth in the community.
Additionally from a St.John's perspective, we are looking for a priest who is supportive of Nigel, the Associate Vicar and the mission action plan as reflected in the parish profile.
We can offer...
* collaborative relations with other denominations
* excellent administrative support
* a modern eco-friendly vicarage within walking distance of the church
* an enthusiastic singing group
* a talented team of bellringers
Closing Date: Thursday 01 October 2020
Parish Visit: Friday 30 October 2020
Interviews: Friday 30 October 2020