Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust are pleased to announce that they are recruiting for permanent Band 5 Chaplains to work with the Chaplaincy Team to pro-actively deliver spiritual, pastoral and religious care to patients, relatives and staff at Queen Alexandra Hospital. We’re looking for committed and passionate individuals who have proven pastoral experience, good communication skills, and can work in a sensitive environment.
We want our chaplaincy team to be an active and visible presence on our wards which ensures that all patients and staff have an opportunity to request and participate in chaplaincy support.
We offer a 24 hour service so candidates will be required to join the on-call rota in addition to their contractual hours, for which further payment will be made.
You must be an ordained Anglican priest or a minister of a Free Church affiliated to the Churches together in England, with at least two years post-ordination experience.
This post involves bed-to-bed visiting on wards. As part of your role you will be responsible for Presiding at the C of E/Free Church Eucharistic service on a Sunday morning during your on call weekend. You can expect to offer sacramental and non-sacramental ministry in difficult and demanding situations to people of all faiths and none in line with Trust policy.
Your main responsibilities are:
1. To be a Chaplain in the Chaplaincy Service which provides an out of hours on call service for the pastoral, spiritual, ethical and religious needs of patients, staff and visitors and, where applicable, students within the Trust.
2. Under the authority of the Patient Experience Lead, to work as part of the Chaplaincy Team, comprising Lead Chaplain, Chaplains, Chaplaincy Volunteers and Students.
3. To support the delivery of spiritual, pastoral and religious care to patients, relatives and staff with the chaplaincy team.
4. To promote good communication and collaboration with all members of the team.
5. To be an active and visible presence on the wards and departments of the hospital.
6. To participate in provision of out of hours (evenings and weekends) on call service.
7. As a member of the Patient Experience team actively contribute to the overall improvement of experience of care by people who use our services.
You will be able to
If you would like to know more about the service provided, or about the post please contact Dawn Banting, Lead Chaplain, on: Dawn.Banting@porthosp.nhs.uk.
The interviews will take place on Monday 24th August 2020. Closing date for applications is 16th August 2020.
Applications for this position only through the NHS job's portal on https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/916135169 please.