The role will include:
• An organised and methodical approach to your work (essential)
• An excellent team player (essential)
• Good telephone manner and all round communication skills (essential)
• Ability to read and transcribe music (essential)
• Willingness to learn and use new software including Sibelius (essential)
• Meticulous eye for detail (essential)
• Ability to multitask (essential)
• In sympathy with the ethos of the Church of England (essential)
• Understanding of the Anglican Liturgical calendar (desirable)
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as those from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented in our staff team, we would particularly welcome applications from those groups.
Terms & Conditions
The post holder will report to the Dean’s PA
Key Internal Relationships: Canon Precentor, Dean’s PA, Head of Music, Head of Events
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Pension: Subject to meeting the relevant criteria you will be enrolled in the Cathedral’s Pension Scheme with 8% employer contributions.
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday, with occasional Sunday working requirement)
Holidays: 28 days (PRO RATA) plus bank holidays
Holidays are not normally to be taken in the fortnights prior to the annual Readers Admission and Licensing Service; Ordinations; Holy Week (and in Holy Week itself before Good Friday); nor in Advent.
Deadline for Applications: 28th August
Interviews will be held at the Cathedral or alternatively via video link week commencing Monday 7 September 2020