Posted 13 days agoExpires in 4 days
Fixed Term Part Time
The Learning for Discipleship and Mission Team are seeking an intern for a developmental role to help implement our vision for a diverse and inclusive, intercultural Church of England in Birmingham. The successful candidate will assist in the promotion of our ethos, help with organising events including intercultural learning, training on Unconscious Bias awareness, encouraging churches to adopt practical steps to incorporate diverse styles of leadership and worship. The intern will work alongside staff in the office and out on location, contributing to and promoting materials that will support parishes reach their aspirations.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Working closely with the Intercultural Mission Enabler, Revd Dr Sharon Prentis the individual will support priorities providing guidance and support to parishes, clergy and other leaders to focus on delivering their mission, ministry and pastoral calling for the diverse church of Christ. A key emphasis will be on encouraging the leadership potential of younger people of BAME heritage. The postholder will also develop their own leadership skills through training.
- Demonstrate leadership and be an example to others, including the formation and leadership of younger BAME people through networking and making local connections.
- Assist the Intercultural Mission Enabler in organising events, monitoring progress and the developing intercultural church standards.
- Support e-mail communication for parishes.
- Monitor and update the website and social media accounts, including posting on Twitter.
- Take minutes of departmental intercultural meetings including those of the Learning Communities
- Update databases and contact information.
- Assist with Unconscious Bias and Intercultural Awareness Training.
- Be a point of contact for all parish Intercultural queries and provide parishes with guidance on these aspects as required
- Collaborate with other members of the DBF Parish Support roles as part of our parish support service.
Please respond to these requirements in your application
- Experience of working in an intercultural context.
- A good knowledge and practical experience of working with different groups.
- Great communications skills (written and oral) and a confident presenter
- Able to quickly build good working relationships and establish trust
- The ability to travel across the diocese
- An understanding of, and an appreciation for the Christian ethos and values
- An understanding of Anglican church life and parish structures
Due to the nature of this post, the post-holder will need to work within the underrepresented BAME community, understanding the barriers that young people of a BAME heritage face in exploring Christian leadership, there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010 that the post holder:
- Identifies as having BAME heritage and
- is a practising Christian
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Part-time 20 hours per week for a fixed term of 1 year (subject to funding), we are willing to have conversations around flexible working
- Salary £10,000.00
- Auto-enrolment compliant pension scheme
- 5 weeks per year plus pro-rated Bank holidays plus 3 Discretionary Diocesan days
- The employer is the Birmingham Diocesan Board of Finance (BDBF)
- The individual will report to the Intercultural Mission Enabler
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Sharon Prentis, email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: Sunday 12th July Interviews: Monday 27th July
Interviews to take place via zoom.