Posted 12 days agoExpires in 20 days
St John and St Philip Ary van der Spuyweg 1 2585 HA The Hague The Netherlands
We are looking for an experienced Priest who works well with others and is a good communicator, who will truly love and joyfully embrace our multi-cultural community and worship. Each Sunday, St. John & St. Philip holds 4 varied services ranging from Said and Sung Communion to Contemporary to Fresh Expression Services where we welcome between 80 and 200 people.
We are a diverse international, multi-cultural, and multidenominational community comprised of people representing almost 40 countries. We embrace all ages from a wide range of backgrounds, therefore, the Chaplain needs proven pastoral and teaching skills and to be comfortable working with people who range from CEOs and diplomats to refugees and homeless people. A willingness to learn basic Dutch is desirable.
- One Assistant Curate who started his curacy in 2017
- Two Readers in Training, hoping to be licensed in the summer of 2020
- Five Congregational Worship Leaders
- Youth Leader(s): none
- Parish Administrator: paid, 16 hours a week
- Organist/choir director (paid, part time) with choir (volunteers some of whom are professional musicians)
- Contemporary musicians and music leaders (volunteers)
- Other Musicians: volunteer
- Cleaner/Caretaker: none
- Church: cleaned by the Holy Hoovers (a group of volunteers)
- Church Hall: cleaned by a professional firm
- Office areas, vestries and meeting rooms: dependent upon the location
Also of note
- Many volunteers who run all aspects of Church life.
- The clergy of the various international churches in The Hague have regular meetings.
- The clergy of the various chaplaincies in the Deanery can help each other to provide cover. There are several retired priests with PTO living in the country.
- ICS conference organises and annual conference for its clergy and families.
- Ordained priest (recognised by the Church of England)
- Has completed Initial Ministerial Education
- Experience of leading different styles of services with enthusiasm, in a range from contemporary worship services to choral evensong, genuinely loving and nurturing the diversity
- Working with and inspiring children and young people
- International experience (living, working and/or studying outside home country) or in a multicultural environment
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Leading a congregation of our size and diversity
- Comfortable with use of email and social media
- Experience trusting and listening to the Holy Spirit
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
- Team leadership and team building
- Conflict management/bridge building
- Good handling of liturgy
- Good preacher
- Knowledgeable about scripture, tradition and sound theology
- Skilled in pastoral care (able to reach out to the multi-ethnic congregation)
- Language skills, willing to learn basic Dutch
- Broad education
- Delegation to staff and volunteers
- A pastoral heart: a ministry of healing and reconciliation is needed
- Broad churchmanship
- Personal experience of faith
- Prayerful and Holy Spiritcentred, serving God foremost
- A good listener and with good communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with diplomacy and tact
- Shepherd: people person, kind
- Able to lead us in wisdom and humility
- Comfortable interacting with people of various levels of education, different ages and a variety of cultural and theological backgrounds
For more information about this application process, please use this link
Due to Covid-19, the initial interview will take place by Zoom, July date tbc. Followed by an interview in The Hague, September date tbc. (travel restrictions permitting). Enhanced Disclosure required. Informal enquiries welcome.