The Patrons – St Martin’s Trustees – seek a new
St Paul in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham
This energetic and exciting parish incorporates manufacturing creativity, an active commercial and business life, Colleges, Academies, thriving restaurants, Galleries and coffee shops and a high proportion of young adults in its diverse, international population close to the city centre. Its Grade I listed Georgian church with a rich history is an iconic building which attracts visitors, hosts significant music, exhibitions, conferences, and other events and receives the attentive support of local business leaders.
The new Vicar (with an SSM Associate Priest, Administrator and Events Manager) will need to:
· Build further the congregational life and witness in the midst of a mobile population;
· Offer imaginative opportunities for busy people to deepen their spiritual awareness and growth;
· Ensure the church is visibly welcoming and fully engaged with the multi-layered life of the Quarter;
· Develop further St Paul’s programme as a community hub for art, music and neighbourhood cultural activity;
· Secure future income streams to maintain the historic building and develop pastoral outreach to increasing numbers of apartment dwellers;
· Foster St Paul’s distinctive identity as a parish church alongside Anglican and other churches in the heart of the city.
This is a wonderful parish for a priest with attractive faith, outgoing manner, adventurous imagination, and organisational resourcefulness.
Closing Date for Applications: 1st June Interviews: 25th June
For more information about this application process, please use this link