Posted 14 days agoExpires in 1 month
School Lane, Burscough
Salary is between £11.20 and £14.00 per hour
We are looking to appoint a Children and Families Ministry Coordinator to join our enthusiastic team, who are committed to the delivery of our Church vision and five-year plan.
The successful candidate will help us deliver ministry that is engaging, inspiring and helps our children and families to encounter God. We are particularly keen to appoint someone who will help us to build up teams of people who will be passionate about delivering high quality ministry to children and families.
- To implement, develop and coordinate children and families’ ministry in the parish of Burscough.
- To oversee ministry to the (predominantly) 0-12 age group and their families, including planning and leading mid-week and Sunday programs plus coordinating additional special events, along with a team of volunteers.
- To recruit and develop a team of volunteers to deliver high quality and engaging Children’s and Families work.
- To develop existing links with local schools by offering activities, taking assemblies and occasional lessons, and assisting with their school services in church (i.e. Christmas, Easter, Harvest).
- To encourage children and their families in their faith and spiritual journey, on both a one to one and group level.
- To provide pastoral support for both children and their families, as appropriate.
- To enable and encourage children and families to participate actively in the life of their church (e.g. taking part in services (e.g. readings, prayers etc.), leading worship, volunteering in church groups/teams).
- To develop new aspects of outreach in children and families’ ministry in the parish, in accordance with the wider vision of the church (e.g. ‘Messy Church’ in Schools, Holiday Clubs, Parenting Courses etc.)
- To support the Youth & Young Adults Ministry Coordinator as required.
- To attend relevant training courses and conferences as appropriate.
- To keep up to date with developments and resources in children and families work, and network as appropriate.
- To ensure Safeguarding policies are implemented and adhered to personally and by volunteers overseen.
- To support the Baptism Preparation Team.
- To support the Resourcing Church work of St Johns and to be available to enable and facilitate children and families’ ministry at Deanery and Diocesan level.
- To be a part of the church’s leadership team – to attend weekly staff meetings and prayers, quiet days and other staff commitments.
- To meet regularly with the Vicar/Priest in Charge, as appropriate and to participate in ongoing staff development/annual appraisals.
- Be a committed Christian in sympathy with the Anglican denomination; and someone who is passionate about Jesus, loves children and longs for younger generations to know Christ.
- Be a positive, enthusiastic leader who inspires and encourages the children’s work team.
- Be able to develop supportive and trusted relationships with children and their families.
- Be able to be creative when planning sessions/groups/outreach events and can offer a varied approach when teaching children and their families about the Christian faith.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality and set appropriate boundaries.
- Work well within a team.
- Reliable and well organised.
- Be able to deal with difficult situations and cope under pressure.
- Be able to organise and lead meetings (i.e. with volunteers).
- Be prayerful and open to God’s leading within the role.