Posted 1 month agoExpires in 3 days
48 Union St, London
Fixed Term Part Time
The Further and Higher Education Chaplaincy Development Officer is a member of the Board of Education staff team and is responsible to the Director of Education in all matters.
The Chaplaincy Officer is responsible for developing chaplaincy and supporting chaplains within the Diocese of Southwark in Further and Higher Education institutions in line with our current frameworks.
- To attend and service the Further and Higher Education Committee of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education by coordinating committee membership, agendas and reports with the Chair.
- To lead the Board’s work in support of chaplaincy and liaise with colleagues in the Diocese to promote the development of chaplaincy in Further and Higher Education institutions and ensure this is reflected within Diocesan strategy.
- To coordinate the support and development opportunities for chaplains provided through the Diocese.
- To develop and keep under review the FE and HE frameworks.
- To arrange the Chaplaincy Network meetings and events.
- To liaise with the three Area Bishops, the Area Mission Teams and other diocesan staff to develop and locate education chaplaincy within the wider mission and ministry of the Diocese.
- To establish effective dialogue and engagement with the Higher education Institutions and Colleges of Further Education.
- To develop and support the establishment of appropriate local arrangements for chaplaincy.
- To develop and maintain a database of chaplains, colleges and chaplaincy developments across the Diocese.
- To advise the Director on matters relating to education chaplaincy.
- To organise and develop the monthly Staff Eucharist for the Board of Education at Union Street.
- To work closely with the Director to develop the spiritual life of the Board.
- To liaise with the Further and Higher Education Officers of the Archbishops Council Board of Education, in order to bring a national perspective to the task, and also attend the annual national conferences.
- To liaise with the SDBE Officer for School Chaplaincy.
- To develop Church/University links in order to develop Chaplaincy.
- To coordinate a programme of Education Chaplains visiting the Further and Higher Education Committee.
- To prepare a detailed annual report on the work of the FE/HE Committee for the Board.
- To explore new models for Chaplaincy provision, particularly within the FE sector, and assist colleges in implementing these.
- To liaise with the Church of England’s National Advisor for Further and Higher education to ensure that diocesan practice in college and university chaplaincy aligns with national policy priorities.
The SDBE is a high-performing Board of Education and you will:
- Be part of a highly professional strong team
- Be well supported in your role
- Have excellent working conditions
- Contribute to the broader work of our Board
For an informal conversation about this post please contact Mr Colin Powell, Diocesan Director of education on 020 7234 9200 or email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 6 March (12 noon)
The SDBE is committed to the safeguarding of children. This appointment is subject to a safeguarding DBS check.