This exciting parish in urban north Birmingham is a great opportunity for a priest with prayerful vision, entrepreneurial flair and missional purpose to lead this significant Inclusive Eucharistic church.
St Barnabas is a multi-cultural church in Erdington just north of Birmingham city centre with a new landmark building housing a coffee shop, conference facilities and modern worship space, right on Erdington High Street.
The person who will thrive here will:
- Be someone wanting to offer leadership to a larger organisation and who enjoys growing leadership in others
- Enjoy creative liturgy and be alive to the needs of a diverse congregation
- Be open and encouraging of others, appreciating a good sense of humour
- Look forward to developing a close relationship with the Church School
- Minister through developing strong, trusting relationships of mutual respect
- Appreciate the needs of the social context of Erdington and be keen to see growth in the gospel and kingdom as a transforming presence for all
Closing date: 28 January 2020 Interviews: 18 & 19 February 2020
A comprehensive Parish Profile is available here. A Diocesan Profile for this post should be read prior to submitting an application, this is available from the HR Support Officer, Chris Booth who can be emailed on ChrisB@cofebirmingham.com
Interested candidates are encouraged to look at the Church Website at www.stbarnabaserdington.org.uk/ or to contact the Archdeacon of Aston,
Ven Simon Heathfield, for further conversation on 0121 426 0428 or SimonH@cofebirmingham.com
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, particularly from those currently under-represented including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups and women.