Birmingham is the UK’s second city with the youngest urban population in one of the most lively and diverse regions. The Church of England Birmingham is one of the 41 dioceses of the Church of England. It covers an area of nearly 300 square miles and includes parishes in Birmingham and parts of Solihull, Sandwell, Warwickshire and Worcestershire.
Right at the heart of what we do there are over 187 churches and other worshipping communities with an average weekly attendance of 17,000. Our worshipping communities represent a wide scope of tradition, ethnicity, age and background.
As part of Church of England Birmingham’s People & Places framework, our parishes and worshipping communities are refreshing their Transforming Church Action plans – and many are creating new ones to inspire and focus their mission for the next 5 years. Working under the direction & support of the Transforming Church Mission Facilitator, the role holder will hold efficient administration skills to support the Transforming Church Action Planning Team.
The successful candidate will have:
· A track record of delivering excellent administration
· A strong drive for seeing tasks and projects through to completion
· Excellent accuracy/attention to detail
· A good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
· A flexible approach, willing to work on own or as part of a team
· Multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to handle queries from a wide range of people
· An understanding of, and an appreciation for, the Christian ethos and values
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a part time post 17.5 hours a week (2.5 or 3 days a week), funded for a fixed term of 3 years
Pension: Membership of the Church Workers Pension scheme with 12% employer contributions
Holidays: 5 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays plus 3 additional Diocesan Discretionary Days
The post holder will report to the TCAP Facilitator
The employer is the BDBF (Birmingham Diocesan Board of Finance)
Deadline for Applications: 26th January
Interviews: Tuesday 4th February
We welcome applications from any qualified persons, particularly those currently under-represented such as Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic groups & women.