Posted 22 days agoExpires in 28 days
London Diocesan Fund, London Diocesan House, 36 Causton Street, London
c. £51,000 dependent of experience
The Church of England Diocese of London comprises of 400+ parishes north of the River Thames and within the M25 motorway.
The ICT team enables the missional objectives of the London Diocesan Fund (LDF), parishes, archdeacons and bishops through delivery of excellent Information and Communications Technology at Diocesan level.
This involves active provision and support for over 300 users, and for a further 400 people who serve within our governance structures.
Closing date – Sunday 5 January 2020, 11.59pm
To create, develop, implement and manage IT systems and procedures to support the efficient and effective administration of and communication with the Diocese of London, carried out on a joint ownership basis with both the management team and IT user population.
The core elements of the role are as follows:
- Strategic – Create – 25%, including setting a Strategy / Vision for the use of ICT at LDF with input from all relevant business users.
- Strategic – Develop – 25%, including establish systems and solutions in conjunction with users and outside suppliers, and appropriate to an agreed set of standards.
- Operational – Implement – 25% - including oversight of implementation of new systems, in conjunction with user expectations and resources.
- Operational – Manage – 25% - including planning and provision of systems security, availability, network management and business continuity, as well as Staff Management.
- In addition to overall responsibility for the function of ICT, the post holder will be the lead person for ICT: Security, operational planning, budget setting, network architecture, policies, active directory management, user management, and CCTV.
- Overall the Head of ICT’s responsibility is for the ongoing development of the IT strategy, to initiate proposals for the introduction of innovative IT solutions to meet organisational needs, maximise utilisation of existing business systems and develop new applications as well as manage and further develop a high performing, motivated support team.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for the full details on the main responsibilities.
- Passionate about technology and its use in achieving business objectives, you will have experience of leading and initiating change whilst delivering efficient and effective ICT solutions.
- Collaborative, proactive and influential you will also have 'knowledge' of application development (e.g. SQL Server, MySql), infrastructure support (e.g. Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server operating systems, VMware, SAN configuration, Active Directory, MS Office 365, MS Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint Server, Scripting) and helpdesk support including Call Logging as well as budget, project and contract management.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for the full details on Person Specification.
The Church of England in London is growing, vibrant and at the heart of communities throughout the capital. At the London Diocesan Fund we seek to do everything we can to support this mission and growth, using our resources to help our parishes and chaplains to serve over 4 million people.
We value the benefits of employing individuals from a range of backgrounds, with diverse cultures and talents and aim to create a workforce that:
- Values difference in others and respects the dignity and worth of each individual
- Reflects the diversity of the nation that the Church of England exists to serve
- Fosters a climate of creativity, tolerance and diversity that will help all staff to develop to their full potential.
To learn more about the work we do, click here
To learn more about Capital Vision 2020 please click here
To learn more about our offer to staff and our enhanced pension scheme with a 15% employer contribution, please refer to the attached 'Our offer to you'.